'We’ve hit the big 3,000,000!' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Read Martin's "We’ve hit the big 3,000,000!" Blog.

Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations - I hope they don't all visit the Arms at the same time !
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if martin had charged us all £1.00 membership he could have retired now lol:)

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • Kadeeae
    Kadeeae Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who works so hard at/for MSE - the premier "money saving" site!
  • millionaireadventure
    Options
    Is this 3 million signups, or 3 million actively recieving the newsletter?

I know i've been through at least 3 different email addresses since first signing up.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's the number we send to... so its sign-ups, active receiving the email is impossible to measure. Though there are 7,000,000 site users each month - my estimate looking at traffic on the back is more than half those who get the email open it.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Errata
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    It's the number we send to... so its sign-ups, active receiving the email is impossible to measure. Though there are 7,000,000 site users each month - my estimate looking at traffic on the back is more than half those who get the email open it.

Martin

You know when I open my emails ? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Options
    Wow that is amazing, well done to you and the MSE team. :j My dad has recently got a computer and I signed him up for the email and he asked me last night why some bloke called Martin keeps emailing him :rotfl: I have told him what it is but he's a bit slow bless him. My next step is to get him registered on MSE :D
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    You know when I open my emails ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

For most people though... i can just see how many more users we get on email days and where they're going (ie to the things in the email) and its based on that.

Though in your specific case, we've embedded a camera in your email and when you open it we can see you ;)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Errata
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    we've embedded a camera in your email and when you open it we can see you ;)

You'll be sorreeeeeeee and your staff will have the HSE onto you faster than you can blink.

Well done you and well done the team :beer:
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    3,000,000 is quite an achievement. I always enjoy the newsletters. Congratulations and thank you!!

PS Martin, I thought I was being watched when I read the email yesterday? Did you like my stripey socks? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure