Noddle Credit Report

Comments

• I am by no means an expert, but from my own experience your credit rating will not automatically improve. Noddle will help to clear any errors but with a default on your account it will take time. You will need to have some sort of credit agreement that you are up to date with to prove that you are now managing your money and over time it will improve.

For example, on my own account I had a bill from T-Mobile which was an account that I closed 18 months ago. They claim I owed them £14 as a final payment, so for 18 months they have put a default on my account which has screwed my credit rating, just when I thought it should be improving. Noddle supplied me with the number to contact them and I made the payment. My credit file now shows that the account is settled but my rating is still very poor. Now I have a mobile phone contract and a credit card with a small limit that I pay off in full every month. Over time my rating will now go up, but without checking Noddle, T-Mobile would still be wrecking my credit rating without my knowledge.
  • I am by no means an expert, but from my own experience your credit rating will not automatically improve. Noddle will help to clear any errors but with a default on your account it will take time. You will need to have some sort of credit agreement that you are up to date with to prove that you are now managing your money and over time it will improve.

For example, on my own account I had a bill from T-Mobile which was an account that I closed 18 months ago. They claim I owed them £14 as a final payment, so for 18 months they have put a default on my account which has screwed my credit rating, just when I thought it should be improving. Noddle supplied me with the number to contact them and I made the payment. My credit file now shows that the account is settled but my rating is still very poor. Now I have a mobile phone contract and a credit card with a small limit that I pay off in full every month. Over time my rating will now go up, but without checking Noddle, T-Mobile would still be wrecking my credit rating without my knowledge.

I see, thanks for that. Well, the first default was in 2007 so it should drop off next year. It's a rum do when you've made mistakes, done your best to sort things and people are still trying to screw you over. This time next year, there will be a lot of things dropping off my CF, will be interesting to see what happens then.
    Hi, my name's Katy and I'm a (former) spendaholic! :wave:
    NSD - November Challenge - 7/10
    5/11/12 - 7 Weeks to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge! 2/14
  • Diet1985
    Diet1985 Posts: 14 Forumite
    We have registered for both of us,
    Mr has a 1/5 score which we expected as the defaults are in his name.
    However
    Mrs has a 2/5 score, with no defaults or late payments
    she has 1 credit card which is 90% maxed but being paid off and has no ther credit arrangements,

How can we improve her credit score?
    Sofa £294.75 Current £941.33 Credit Card £998.59 Loan £6434.69 Credit Card £3900 Total = £12569.36
    Current
    Sofa £294.75 Current £941.33 Credit Card £998.59 Loan £6434.69 Credit Card £3900 Total = £12569.36
    Nov £10 Day - £50.16/£300
  • Possibly poor by association with you?
  • Anyone know if the balances on Knoddle are accurate? Mine are all higher than Payplan say they should be.
  • Olliegami
    Olliegami Posts: 414 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Their balances are often a month or so out - they collect the data on a day when they are given it by the companies you have credit with, and simply give you their most up to date numbers when ever your credit report is re-produced each month.
  • urm am I missing something here - I signed up for a "FREE" account, and then the usual hidden fees introduce themselves for a proper breakdown of the credit file.

The free file is basically a list of addresses and accounts, and it is near impossible to cancel the account...

any advice?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Yes, you are missing something. Your credit file is actually the factual account information, public records etc, that you see.

That is your credit file. That is what lenders check against. They base their judgement on the factual stuff, not the nonsense and worthless extras that the CRAs con customers into paying for.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • I had a query today from a peer to peer company saying a forwarding address appears on my equifax credit rating. I looked and the 'free' offer from equifax, then found out about Noddle. Having registered with Noddle and received my report I could see why the query was raised. Thanks Noddle, I am a believer!
  • Just to say i had an IVA and cleared it and was introduced to Noddle via my IVA . Best thing ever, not only checking my credit score and thats looking healthy now, but over 5 years look back on my bank account to prove in the green, my Aqua credit card in the green and in fact all things green, the feeling is great to see I'm back on track. Also ever need to check your old addresses and dates well thats all here for free. Its not nice being on IVA but its great to see your doing ok after and if its free what better start. And you can see whose been looking to see how you stand, and I mean professional bodies not Joe Public. Good Luck to anyone else in the same boat as me. Get the 5 years out the way and this will keep you on track. I started on a rating of 1/5 and at the moment 3/5 rating. You get update each month, it wont go up every month but as long as you keep in control this time its all good. Aqua is my credit card I use for my monthly petrol allowance and I pay it as soon as I get the bill. Helping again to prove my repayments are in control. Hope this helps anyone on an IVA or similar. Thanks Aqua and Noddle.:T:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure