Secret Diet Drops - A total scam!

2»

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    s5hly wrote: »
    I was very disheartened to read this. Your making an awful lot of opinions for something you have not done. I can assure you i did the drops diet myself last year and found it amazing. I myself was sceptical and tried the diet with-ought the drops for a week, i felt horrible, no energy so hungry and i stopped. So then i bought the drops and did 2 bottles for 6 weeks, i lost 36lb and have never felt happier or healthier. Following the maintenance plan i kept the weight off. You say you have no proof to say it works, well i do, my own self. i had tired, so many other diets my whole life and nothing worked, or the weight went back on. Secret Diet Drops- changed my life!!

A lb of fat is 3500kcal. You're saying that you burnt off 126000kcal ABOVE what you ate in 6 weeks???!!!

That's 3000kcal per day! ABOVE what you eat! All due to magic drops???

As energy cannot be created or destroyed, where did this energy go? Were you incredibly hot for 6 weeks?

Of course, if the drops are laxative or diuretic, then you'd be losing weight by peeing it out, or just having food pass through you without being absorbed. Obviously though, this is neither healthy nor sustainable.

So which is it? Miracle substance that bends the laws of physics, dangerous purgative or complete con?
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sooner or later all diets and all miracle weight loss product eventually boil down to one common point.
    You have to stop stuffing food in to the hole in your face.
    But there is no money in pointing this out from the outset.
    Be happy...;)
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    jeddi wrote: »
    I thought we lived in an age of enlightenment? I thought we lived in a country where fraud, extortion and illegal trading could be brought to justice. This is not entirely the case. Watchdog disappoints me too. Only last night I saw them buy two horses from a crooked dealer, show his face on screen and wave good bye to him. What is the point.
    Entertainment I guess.

Let's have a look at 'secretdietdrops' and it doesn't take a genius to work out that this is one huge and may I add, dangerous scam because it messes with the individuals mind, health and finances. Doctors, nutritionists and watchdog find it pretty disturbing and worrying but who I ask will put a stop to it? Must we wait first for a person to die on a 500 calorie a day diet.

Does anyone realise what happens to a body on such a dangerously low calorie intake? cardiovascular problems, liver and kidney failure, mental health problems, anxiety, depression just to mention a few. All leading to a very dangerous situation. But then there are the placebo drops which apparently work best when really expensive.

It is time we done something about it. I am doing my best to get rid of them but sadly by legal means which doesn't work in this enlightened country of ours. Now, do not send complaints to the trading standards in Aberdeenshire as posted on their website because they own it. It is no more than the name of the server on which they host their website. One more before I take a temporary break from this scam, it is worth noting that all their testimonials are fake, just made up. Look carefuly at the cheap website and the mail address [EMAIL="secretdietdrops@gmail.com"]secretdietdrops@gmail.com[/EMAIL]. Help me end this sad state of affairs.
    jeddi

To be fair,doctors can't find it that disturbing in general as they will put some people on very low calorie diets and 'sign them off' to go on them.What they would find disturbing is the amount of people who go on them and the ease of buying the products and signing yourself up without a medical and medical supervision.

Very low calorie diets have been done for years,usually through meal replacement to ensure enough nutrients.But they should be medically supervised and not used by people who are not obese.They should not be the first port of call either.

They don't mean you'll end up damaging your organs,having organ failure and mental health problems either.As long as you're given the go ahead,supervised and have a good balance.

When it comes to these stupid drops though and being able to go on a vlcd with no medical and supervision it is insane.It should not be allowed to happen full stop!Products should be licensed and only given on the go ahead of a doctor.These stupid drops should be banned.

As for the poster losing 36lbs in six weeks,pull the other one. From what I've read,the average loss on any VLCD is a stone a month.I don't believe anyone would lose 3 stone in 6 weeks and if they did I'd find that pretty damn alarming!
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • I've tried numerous diets and failed, I was sceptical about secret diet drops but decided to try them anyway, I've lost 2 stone in just over a month , I have never felt so good. My ibs symptoms have gone and I have more energy and sleep better. Whatever is said about them I feel they work , I can now go clothes shopping without feeling down because nothing fits! So wether anyone thinks they are safe or not I'm very happy with results, we are adults and can make our own minds up about them , I didn't go into this lightly and rather than make me ill they have made me so much more confident and happier x
  • Toothsmith wrote: »
    A lb of fat is 3500kcal. You're saying that you burnt off 126000kcal ABOVE what you ate in 6 weeks???!!!

That's 3000kcal per day! ABOVE what you eat! All due to magic drops???

As energy cannot be created or destroyed, where did this energy go? Were you incredibly hot for 6 weeks?

Of course, if the drops are laxative or diuretic, then you'd be losing weight by peeing it out, or just having food pass through you without being absorbed. Obviously though, this is neither healthy nor sustainable.

So which is it? Miracle substance that bends the laws of physics, dangerous purgative or complete con?[/QUOTi E]
  • If something helps people with serious weight problems then they are good thing , I'm over moon with results and after 6 weeks of doing mainenance I will be buying a 3 rd bottle , all my health problems have dissappeared , to lose the 2 stone I've lost would have cost me hundreds of £ s with weight watchers or slimming world ( both of which I've tried and failed at ) x
  • s5hly wrote: »
    Yes and there is no proof it doesn't!! As you have just said!
    Well done with your weight loss 😃 from one happy loser to another x
  • ladylouise62
    ladylouise62 Posts: 731 Forumite
    Just as a weight-loss comparison, due to a stomach problem I recently lost 24 lb in 4 weeks. I could only eat a very limited amount of a very limited range (very little fibre - potato, rice, banana and even smaller amount of lentils), and due to volume limit I could also drink very little. I didn't measure calories but I I probably had between 500-800 on a good day
    So the lack of fibre in my gut and the restricted fluid intake along with a reduction in rheumatism swelling would have played a part in that loss.
    What I did find amazing was how little extra food I could add to that to result in a rapid reduction of the loss. It explains how easy it is to put weight on :-)
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    If something helps people with serious weight problems then they are good thing , I'm over moon with results and after 6 weeks of doing mainenance I will be buying a 3 rd bottle , all my health problems have dissappeared , to lose the 2 stone I've lost would have cost me hundreds of £ s with weight watchers or slimming world ( both of which I've tried and failed at ) x

I lost 3 stone just by eating less, and it was totally free! Amazing!
  • I just did a week on these and yea ur right, I knew it was the stupid lack of food and calories but I thought the drops wud suppress my apatite, no chance. Lost half a stone in a week and prob put it back in the last too days, life is too short for that nonsense x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure