Options

Comments

• redmandarin
    redmandarin Posts: 832 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks lorweld, that's great! :D
  • Purse_String
    Options
    Great find. For the piano, there are theory practice scales as well as a range of ability pieces. Great to be able to hear the music before download. :T
  • shop-to-drop
    shop-to-drop Posts: 4,340 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone any advise. My son keeps losing his music case at school with his cello and piano books in. We keep having to replace them as they don't turn up again. It is therefore very expensive and means he isn't able to practice and is limited in what he can do in his lessons. I know the copying laws are strict but are we able to keep a copy at all?

He is being bullied and so I am wondering if this is related and so will be talking to school as I would have thought if they were mislaid they would turn up as no one else would want them.

Advise appreciated as always and thanks for the above link.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • dizzyliz
    dizzyliz Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    pianofiles.com - is a sharing piano music site, its really good to get any music you want for free!!! - for piano and i think guitar.
  • violetviolin
    violetviolin Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    i also like http://violinsheetmusic.org/ for violin music :j
  • JR19
    JR19 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know of any other websites? Thanks
    :icotbaske
  • fatpiggy
    fatpiggy Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Shop to drop - sorry to hear your lad is having problems. No doubt the fact that he is learning an instrument is making him a target. You are entitled to take photocopies for your own practice - not for performance unless the piece is out of copyright.
  • thermalnermal_2
    Options
    I'm not convinced that the music from the website above is really free, seems that you have to pay a membership fee of £29.95 to download anything.

A huge library of free sheet music (music out of copyright) is available at the Petrucci Music Library https://www.imslp.org
  • CoffeeCup
    CoffeeCup Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe it was free when this thread was started - nearly three years ago!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure