Aqua Card credit increase...

Comments

• simax
    simax Posts: 1,956
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Had account since Feb - £250 limit - only used for 3% cashback and have been known to turn over £600-700 a month on it by making interim payments. (Low limit is a bit daft really as I have other cards with limits in their thousands). Always paid in full, no late payments. Also no limit increase LOL!!

If they ever withdraw the cashback offer, I'm gone. I have other cards I can use that offer cashback (just not as good the Aqua card)....
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Got a Aqua card in March this year with a £250 limit got a letter 3 weeks ago telling me they have increased my limit to £1200 it will be active within 40 days is this normal?
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    They're not stupid, clearly. They know which of us are exploiting it for cashback, and I expect are holding us on lower limits in the hope we exceed the limit and forfeit the cashback; meanwhile, others have their limits increased, in the hope they'll carry a large balance and pay a fortune in interest.

Not really an issue I suppose, just really annoying. I haven't had to monitor my balance in relation to limit for a long time, but every time I swipe the Aqua I have to be aware of it!

I got mine on £250 back in Feb. Still £250. Don't see them increasing it anytime soon! Funny thing is, back in the day, I had an Aqua CC (when they only offered one) with a £3,050 limit!
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    They're not stupid, clearly. They know which of us are exploiting it for cashback,...

Yes, those of us who have got an Aqua Reward card :D

Aqua issue various other cards, but I see so many people are not saying which specific Aqua card they have which is what is causing confusion I think.
  • spinningsheep
    spinningsheep Posts: 1,044
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all. Another letter arrived today, increase to £1400!:j

So I have gone from £250 to £1400 in 6 months. I have the standard card (34.9%APR) and I repay ALMOST my full balance each month (eg balance is £400, repay £360 by faster payment on bank transfer day before statement produced) and I repay minimum payment by DD later in month. I find this way I have incurred a small amount of interest and Aqua like me as I am making them money. Win win for me!

Also have a Shout visa (was RISE) which has just been increased from £200 to £300, had letter yesterday also!

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I took this card out in Jan and had a raise in April from £250 to £500.

I have actively used it but I hope for a bigger limit as I have a different card with a 3k limit.
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • ohiogirl
    ohiogirl Posts: 6 Forumite
    PC_Doctor wrote: »
    Got a Aqua card in March this year with a £250 limit got a letter 3 weeks ago telling me they have increased my limit to £1200 it will be active within 40 days is this normal?
    I have one of these. had a 250 limit three years ago and now have a 2500 limit. Pay on time, don't overuse and it is a good card, especially if, like me, you had credit problems in the past.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    izools wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't apply now as according to my credit files I have high balances on all my cards and they won't update to show £0 owed until March. That and I have half a dozen searches in the last six months.

I'll just have to see what the best on the market come July is.

The most important thing for me however is to get as high a limit as possible on an MBNA rate for life card. Once I've got that - and I'm definitely waiting until July before applying - I'll look at the cashback card market and see what's what :o

Thanks for the link though, most informative. If disappointing :(

EDIT: Yep, definitely not applying for anything at the moment:

LP6jR41.png

Trust me, ignore this tripe, it gave me 30% chance of getting both Halifax and Sygma card, and guess what, I got them both!
  • Dovah_diva
    Dovah_diva Posts: 539 Forumite
    I've had an Aqua Reward card for just under a year. Limit is £250 and I've been rejected for an increase. No idea why, I use the card and pay it off i full every month. Maybe because I've not set up a DD? Whatever, I've now got a Barclaycard Initial which is interest free until November so I might wait until I get my cashback and then close it. Not sure. Wish I could set up a DD online...
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Trust me, ignore this tripe, it gave me 30% chance of getting both Halifax and Sygma card, and guess what, I got them both!

However, it gave me a 70% to get the BA Amex - declined. However, you're right, best to ignore it, means very little!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure