What's the catch?

I've just seen this website advertised on TV http://uk.madbid.com/ and there has got to be a catch somewhere.

Comments

• You pay to bid?
  • Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    From FAQ on Madbid
    2.4 What is the cost for placing a bid?

The cost of submitting a bid depends on whether you are using text message or a MadBid Account. Sending a text message costs £1.5 + any operator surcharges. To submit a bid through a MadBid Account costs between £1.3 and £0.75, depending on the package.
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • Ah, mad bid......
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    first few posts in this thread explains how the only real winner is Madbid

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1286649&highlight=madbid
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • :rotfl:they almost had me once. they used to (or maybe still do) offer 5 free bids when you sign up. upon doing this and using some of my free bids, whilst watching what i was bidding on i noticed as it went down to like, 3 seconds, it went back up to something like 2 minutes!
    they are a complete scam and should be banned. i cant imagine ANYONE has EVER won anything on this site. if you have, please show yourself and ill take it back! but i doubt it :rotfl:
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • You have to be mad to use madbid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport