Free Web Site Software

This is a FULL free version...no time limits, no nag screens

Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.

www.nvu.com

Nvu builds are now available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and FreeBSD.

Screenshots

See for yourself below just how easy it is for anyone to create web pages in minutes, without any HTML experience or a technical background. tree.jpg

publish1.png

Full support forums and Demo's

http://www.nvu.com/support.html
Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member

Comments

• Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks - I'll try and have a play with that :beer:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I forgot to mention, the second picture is a built in FTP (File Transfer Program) that will upload your web site to your web space (most ISP's give you free web space !!)

just fill in your log on details etc
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    can u make flash websites with this software ?
  • Browntoa
    you cannot make flash web sites from scratch but you can unsert flash buttons etc into it

it also allows you to uses PHP...which is useful for more advanced web sites
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    just spotted this free add-on to it...a free tutorial

http://cvs.nvu.com/download/nvutut-0.1-en-US.xpi
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Lt_Sched
    Lt_Sched Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thanks for the info. Might have my first go at building a site then! Any ideas on how secure it is? Cheers again.
    Lt.
    :cool: Waves bring peace, surf more! :wave:
  • Browntoa
    I've found a second piece of software that does "Flash" websites(if you know what they are..lol)

Quote :-

The JGenerator 2.x MX
    The JGenerator is a web server production application that dynamically combines text, graphics, and sound to build rich Flash™ content. Similar to the Macromedia® Generator™ product, JGenerator uses the same data format and the same set of objects to perform the same tasks.

Designers use the Macromedia® Flash™ extension, Generator Objects, to create templates containing placeholders for graphics, text, and sound. These will be replaced with the source content, the actual text files, databases, and graphics. The JGenerator then reads the template, performs all substitutions and commands, and generates a Flash player movie which can be played back in a browser.

The JGenerator frees designers from the tedium of updating Flash movies each time they make a small change to the content.

The JGenerator works both online and offline:
    • Online, the JGenerator runs under a web server and generates Flash movies by request from a browser.
      Using online mode, the Flash content of your web site will always be up to date.
    • Offline, the JGenerator runs in command line and generates static (.swf) movies which can be played back or used as required.
      Using offline mode, a designer can generate thousands of Flash movies using just one template!

The JGenerator provides a Java-based API (Application Programming Interface) for dynamically buildind Flash movies either from a standalone program or from a servlet. The API fully covers and supports all versions of Flash file format (.swf, .swt) up to version 6 (Flash MX).

The JGenerator is available in two different editions: Enterprise Edition and Community Edition. Enterprise Edition is a commercial version of JGenerator which requires a license. Community Edition is a free, open-sourced version of JGenerator which can be freely downloaded and used without any restrictions. Community Edition lacks some of the features which Enterprise Edition has and while we continue to develop Community Edition however we provide only very limited technical support for it. http://www.jzox.com/downloads.jsp
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • elvis_bloggs
    elvis_bloggs Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It all looks really nice but since I am one of the planets thickos then I shall give it a miss, I like a simple life. 1a_y_tongue1.gif

• Browntoa
    Lt_Sched wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Might have my first go at building a site then! Any ideas on how secure it is? Cheers again.
    Lt.

not sure what you mean by secure ??

no spyware/adware/trojans attached to the software....I use it myself and I never install anything that i don't check first !!

theres no catch to the software being free... ;)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • You might have a look at the Website Builder by http://www.ewisoft.com/. If you want to see the sort of thing you can do, my simple website at http://www.bicyclingforbeginners.org.uk/why.htm is an example of what you can do.

If you spent some time I am sure you could do a lot better than my attempt! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure