PPI company dissolved!

Options
Hi guys,

I took out finance for a car in 2005 for two years and I am trying to find out if I paid for PPI. The company I took it out with was called Amber Select, I have tried in vain to find a telephone number or anything on Google for them. The one telephone number I did manage to get took me to Close Premium Finance and the girl I spoke to had no idea what Amber Select was. I have a reference number from the cancelled Direct Debit but it wasn't recognised on the girls system.
I'm pretty stumped!
:think:

Bit of a silly question but if the company is dissolved I take it that means my PPI claim is as well? Does anyone have any details for this phantom company or where I should go from here?

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You should contact the FSCS if it was after January 2005.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Centrifusion
    Options
    Thanks Taff!

I called FSCS who told me Amber Select was trading under Sterling Insurance, Sterling insurance had no idea what I was on about. I decided to call Arnold Clark (where I bought my car) on the off chance that they had the details of the broker - they told me they only hold records for 6 years however, I was put through to the accounts department who did actually have my details still on the system and told me the broker was Capital Bank PLC (part of HBOS).

SO, in the end I called HBOS, gave them all the details and the claim is now in motion!

Sorry it's long winded but I thought I'd post the entire thing so people don't become disheartened, it can take a good long day of phoning around but keep at it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure