Christmas Crafting Ideas by Flyingpig - Its Good To Share.

Comments

• lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks flyingpig58 for starting this thread, your blog is fab, i'm loving your christmas bauble and will be trying to make something similar if I can find a bauble.

This idea came from PootleFlump on another thread on this board

Ideas on how to wrap a chocolate orange
    Why dont you wrap in brown paper, cut some antlers out of light brown card and tape them on (insert them into the brown paper you are wrapping it in and tape from the inside), use a black marker to put some eyes on it (or get sticky on googly ones) and then put a little red pom pom on the front so it looks like rudolf (albeit a very roudn fat faced rudolf.)

This is my first attempt which i'm really pleased with. I got my chocolate orange 2 for £3 at Asda today but I'm hoping to find some at £1 before making anymore.

SDC10717.jpg
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • Hi Hollie84

The white bonbons are "snowballs"

I would charge about 75p for the sweetie bags - I get a lot of my sweets from Poundland/Poundworld - and so I can make at least 4/5 bags of "snowballs" from one big bag and the same if not more with the poop (raisins)
  • I love the chocolate orange! I think reindeers are one of the easiest characters to play with for christmas ideas,

Close%20Up%20of%20Rudolph%20Chocolate%20Bar_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

This is a covered Cadbury choc bar, the thin one - think Home Bargains sell packs of 6 for 99p
  • flyingpig58
    flyingpig58 Posts: 333 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2010 at 10:15PM
    Picture%20077_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

This is what they call a sour cream carton, goodness knows why! I have used a brown paper and then drawn the darker strips on it.
  • Christmas%20Candy%20cane_thumb%5B5%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Two candy canes, some red ribbon, a jingle bell and a tag - done!
  • Cookie Cutters ....... can't get any simpler than these ..... At Xmas Fayres .... I'd charge £1.00 - Last Year Dunelm sold the most reasonably priced sets of cookie cutters.

Star%20cookie%20cutter_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Heart%20cookie%20Cutter_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Hollie84

The white bonbons are "snowballs"

I would charge about 75p for the sweetie bags - I get a lot of my sweets from Poundland/Poundworld - and so I can make at least 4/5 bags of "snowballs" from one big bag and the same if not more with the poop (raisins)
    ah snowballs having one of them days today where my brain doesn't function
    i love the sweetie bags,going to have to pinch them ideas for my stall at the my daughters school. and i think i will change the price of my raisins aswell 75p sounds alot more reasonable thankyou so much this thread is fab and i love the other bits u have recently added :T
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Thanks flyingpig58 for starting this thread, your blog is fab, i'm loving your christmas bauble and will be trying to make something similar if I can find a bauble.

This idea came from PootleFlump on another thread on this board

Ideas on how to wrap a chocolate orange

This is my first attempt which i'm really pleased with. I got my chocolate orange 2 for £3 at Asda today but I'm hoping to find some at £1 before making anymore.

SDC10717.jpg

This looks great. In Sainsburys today Chocolate Oranges were £2 each but on BOGOF, so I liberated a few lol
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I think the Rudolfs from choc oranges are supposed to be out of the box before you wrap them? *looking a little mildly confused* - I could be wrong though!
    Some great ideas!
    What I want to know is how you seal the sweetie bags :) and what font is it you use - I LOVE it :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • MrsTine wrote: »
    I think the Rudolfs from choc oranges are supposed to be out of the box before you wrap them? *looking a little mildly confused* - I could be wrong though!
    Some great ideas!
    What I want to know is how you seal the sweetie bags :) and what font is it you use - I LOVE it :)

I guess you could do it both ways - if you keep it in the box it will prevent the chocolate getting knocked about though!!!!

I'm not sure whether people are using bag sealers or just sticking it. You could staple but I would be worried about staples and food together!! If you get the sealable cello bags you could stick it down the add the other bits after. I think this is what I will do.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure