Test our new iPhone comparison tool

Comments

• MSE_Archna wrote: »
    We are actually planning a similar Samsung Galaxy 3 tool due to its popularity. :)

there you go buscape, your wish has been granted :)
  • thegoodman
    thegoodman Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    buscape wrote: »
    Will there be a compare tool for Android and Windows Phone?
    The tool is model based for iPhone 5.
    The android and windows phone are os used by many phones so Android tool is not possible.
    In case if you are not aware the phone and mobile os are not the same
  • Hi everyone,

We've been busy making some more improvements to the tool, so if any of you have any time to give it a bit more testing, we would really appreciate it.

We have fixed everything already reported, but if you notice any bugs, glitches or issues, or have any suggestions about the look and feel of the tool, please let us know.

Remember to include which browser you're using and how you found the error/bug.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone

Thanks in advance for your help,
    MSE Becca :)
  • jonny2510
    jonny2510 Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    On the Let us guide you / top picks tab (and this weeks MSE email), the cheapest 12 month contract with Tesco has an 'All-in cost' of £635

However, the 'All-in cost' for a 24 month contract with Vodafone is only £624, and that gives you two years worth of calls/texts/data, not just one!

I realise that it's less minutes, texts and data, but for those who just want an iPhone it seems the cheapest/most logical.

As the top picks seem to be chosen by MSE, under the heading 'Let us guide you', it's probably worth mentioning this as an alternative, in the 'Why is this a top pick?' box for the Tesco 12 month contract.

...if that makes sense!
  • jazztrio
    jazztrio Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 September 2012 at 11:21AM
    As the previous poster mentions, your price comparisons between short and long contracts do not take into account the cost of using the phone once out of contract. This could be expected to be a minimum of £10 a month, adding at least £120 to the cost of a 12 month contract when compared to a 24 month contract, making 24 month contracts cheaper in many cases.
  • It says £300 in the "top picks" tab, "cheapest short contract", but says £400 on the Tesco Mobile website. :(
  • Hi,

Your iPhone 5 deals have been wrong from the start. MILLIONS of people are being mislead, directed over to Tesco and Tesco are profiting from this misinformation!

Tesco DO NOT charge £300, they charge £400 for the phone!! (That is atrocious as a contract price for a phone which only retails at £550 or less anyway (handset only!) So Tesco charge:

£400 £30 a month (12 Month contract). This works out a shocking average of £63 a month and a whopping £760 over the course of the contract!

EVERY TIME I've checked you've never included the cheapest iPhone deal which is O2! Perhaps they don't pay you for affiliation? But you should be getting the honest cheap deals out to the customers. O2 deal is:

Handset: £249 Monthly: £26 This works out at a far more reasonable monthly average (handset price and monthly price divided by 24 months) £36!

Great deal. Why is it nowhere to be seen? :mad:
  • unlocked iPhone 4 direct from apple store only £319, then do sim only deal. Cheeper than 24 month vodafone contract suggested as best deal on iPhone 4S.
  • jonny2510
    jonny2510 Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The iPhone 4S Cheapest package (Vodafone via Mobile Phones Direct) listed no longer seems to exist...
  • The current Best iphone 4s offer that you list (O2 through Tesco) may be the cheapest, but I would suggest getting into a 24 month contract with a pathetic 100mb of data would be purgatory (and the 100mins is pretty poor too). Unless you just plan on sitting the phone on the mantlepiece and staring at it, you would VERY soon be buying Bolt On's etc for more Data, and I think that should be considered and/or pointed out. 500mb has been the standard minimum for some time and that is pretty much moving up to 1gb now.

I appreciate that further down the article in Q&A's you try to address the issue of "How Much Data Do I Need?" And that the amount my 16&17 year old daughters require might be very different that my requirements. However, I very much doubt you will find many/any who are using their iphone 4s happily with a 100mb allowance. I'd go so far as to say getting into a 24 month contract today with that allowance is actually a very poor deal indeed, yet it is the very first thing thousands of people will see when they are directed here via Google, because it is cheapest. Well, I'm sure I can get one cheaper, with 1mb of data, or no Data allowance at all, should you highlight that offer instead?
    Feb 2008, 20year lifetime tracker with "Sproggit and Sylvester"... 0.14% + base for 2 years, then 0.99% + base for life of mortgage...base was 5.5% in 2008...but not for long. Credit to my mortgage broker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure