Sucret 'Slim

Hi,has anyone tried the above sweeteners to help weight loss.and what did you think of them

Comments

• Hi, I have seen this too. I am unable to find any website for this product. There is no address on the literature. The only number on it is a freephone, non-geographical number. I rang the freephone number and pretended I wanted my money back. There was no number for me to call. They said I had to return product to invoice address. There seemed to be no customer service number. Only the freephone sales number. I never trust a company with no customer service number.

Also, the doctors on the leaflets look more like models to me.

The leaflet also states that it is guaranteed in 99.8% of cases. This was based on a group which had been tested (the amount of people in the group was not mentioned). Yet the entire group, THEY CLAIMED, lost weight. That should make it 100% guaranteed. So I can't trust their statistics either. In addition, they state that this was 'MEDICAL proof'. Yet the small print states that this information is from an 'internal' document. (I assume that this is not a MEDICAL journal or document.)

In addition, if celebrities use it, why didn't they get permission from the stars to use their names in their advertising as proof that the product works. Again, I find this makes it hard to trust what the leaflet is claiming about the product.

It's also bound to help you lose SOME wieght if it is used as a sweetener to replace sugar. A normal sweetener would be alot cheaper. Weaning away from sugar and sweeteners altogether would be better still. And free!!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    chocky102 wrote: »
    Hi, I have seen this too. I am unable to find any website for this product. There is no address on the literature. The only number on it is a freephone, non-geographical number. I rang the freephone number and pretended I wanted my money back. There was no number for me to call. They said I had to return product to invoice address. There seemed to be no customer service number. Only the freephone sales number. I never trust a company with no customer service number.

Also, the doctors on the leaflets look more like models to me.

The leaflet also states that it is guaranteed in 99.8% of cases. This was based on a group which had been tested (the amount of people in the group was not mentioned). Yet the entire group, THEY CLAIMED, lost weight. That should make it 100% guaranteed. So I can't trust their statistics either. In addition, they state that this was 'MEDICAL proof'. Yet the small print states that this information is from an 'internal' document. (I assume that this is not a MEDICAL journal or document.)

In addition, if celebrities use it, why didn't they get permission from the stars to use their names in their advertising as proof that the product works. Again, I find this makes it hard to trust what the leaflet is claiming about the product.

It's also bound to help you lose SOME wieght if it is used as a sweetener to replace sugar. A normal sweetener would be alot cheaper. Weaning away from sugar and sweeteners altogether would be better still. And free!!

:T Well said!

There is no secret to weight loss, its simply fewer calories going in then coming out. Increase what you do/how much you move each day, consume fewer calories each day, in time you will lose weight.

If it helps you to stick to a lower calorie diet by all means add in sweeteners but for most, our bodies learn the subtle taste difference in sweeteners- even on such a level that goes beyond our taste buds! The result is that we crave even more food and feel more unsatisfied when eating foods sweetened with sweeteners.

But, its up to you to make your own mind up, this is just my opinion an experience and no doubt others will have their own points of view and experiences too.
  • joewa
    joewa Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheers Guys, wont be touching it with a bardge pole
  • Call me daft, stupid, niaive, old enough to know better or all of the above! I had the same letter and I've bought some Sucret slim to try. Delivery took 5-6 days. They are little brown beads that disolve in liquid. There's no additional instructions with the product.
    I will weigh tomorrow and keep this site up to date with any progress (got to think positively).
    You know what they say mind, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. This doesn't sound too good to be true it sounds impossible! 30lbs in 10days? Thats 3lb/day and 1lb every 8 hours. If this works it will really make a huge difference to me. I have about 2-3 stone to lose and have tried everything else. I would have settled for a guaranteed 10 lbs in 30 days!
    Guess that's how they make their money, preying on vulnerable people who, like me, should know better. If you are thinking of buying this product, hold tight for 10 days while I find out how things go and I will keep you posted.
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 October 2011 at 9:52AM
    Even with the calorific value of sugar it is better to use it than sweeteners. They are purely harmful chemicals, and as Jennywb has already said, the body doesn't recognise them as food, so it craves for more.

The only one had has some scientific proof is 'Stevia' because it's plant based, however the best plan is still to cut down - pref. use unrefined sugar. This also includes limiting, or pref. stopping, fizzy drinks, cordials and squashes.
  • Darlyd
    Darlyd Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    I much prefer REAL sugar to sweetners. What with all that aspartame ewe.. No Thank You !!

Look at slim fast they are full of sugar? People still lose weight.
  • I know its not scientific, I have a biochemistry degree - which makes what I'm doing even more ironic so I've got to get something out of it which will be sharing my experience with as many people as possible to stop others falling for the scam, if it is one.

So I have weighed in at 11st 11lb on Thurs 27th Oct
    Losing 30lb in 10 days will make me 9st 9lb by Sunday 6th Nov. Yeah right!!!!
  • Fri Oct 28th

11st 10lbs (-1)

So by Sucret Slim's claims I am already playing 2lb catch up

I can see a nasty refund arguement in 10 days time.
    I didn't eat badly either yesterday, although there is no advice on eating and exercise. Apparently you can eat as you wish.
    I had:
    normal fruit yoghurt, soup and bread and butter, 125g rice pudding, apple, small portion of chili cc with rice and copious amounts of water to flush the sweetness out.
    I also had an annoying fuzzy head all day!
    No head ache this morning so lets see how it goes.
    Echinacea and rasberry tea awaits with the sweetness of Sucret slim!
  • hi sucret sue just wondered how much did they charge u for the sucret pills and do u see an weight loss yet
  • Never heard of this product, but I really do not see how the body could drop that much weight in such a short time. Not even head to toe liposuction would get rid of that much fat!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure