Get out of your Orange contract

Comments

• robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Would you prefer we lied to you so that you can hear what you want to hear?

This subject is done several times a week 52 weeks a year. Your case is no different to anyone elses unless there is some information you have not told us.
  • Hi. I wonder if you can provide advice. My Orange service has become virtually non-existant within my home since August. After several phone calls, they now admit that a mast is degrading. I live in a fairly remote area. They keep moving the date for repair, currently 2nd October but has been changed twice previously. My contract does not end until Jun 2012. As far as I am concerned, the change in my service is down to them and I would never have agreed to a contract that did not include service to my home. The T Mobile option does not work either. Do I have any grounds to get out of my contract if they continue not to fix the problem?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Are you aware of UMA available for some handsets?

Failing that, follow their formal complaint procedure or complain to their executive office. Then complain to the ombudsman. IMO, if you have some confirmation of the failing mast from Orange, you are very likely to win.
  • Thanks. Just had a look on Orange but I don't think they are compatible with my iPhone. Think complaints procedure is the only way, but, they say they don't guarantee service within a home... My argument is they did and through no fault of mine they now don't!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Dubai4me wrote: »
    ...but, they say they don't guarantee service within a home... My argument is they did and through no fault of mine they now don't!
    You argument is that they did provide the service when you bought the contract, and this was why you have bought it. Later they stopped providing the service because of their fault that they admitted.
  • drbesty
    drbesty Posts: 967 Forumite
    Orange don't guarantee signal indoors, regardless of whether you had it before or not. If Orange have admitted a fault on the mast, OFCOM allow them 89 days to fix it, so you may be in for a long wait, I'd try and negotiate some money off your bill in the meantime
  • Thanks. Yes that is virtually word for word what I said and their response was they don't guarantee service within the home. I will follow their complaints process if the service is not restored.
  • drbesty wrote: »
    Orange don't guarantee signal indoors, regardless of whether you had it before or not. If Orange have admitted a fault on the mast, OFCOM allow them 89 days to fix it, so you may be in for a long wait, I'd try and negotiate some money off your bill in the meantime

Thanks. Yes, that is what they said! The problem started early August and they did credit my account for the first month, but now they say they will look at compensation once the mast is fixed. But they are also saying that the timeframe of the fix isn't guaranteed either. So I am left paying for very little service unless I drive 5 miles... Seems to me that they don't guarantee a great deal... :(
  • hi there, does anyone know if orange taking money repeatedly out of a bank account for a bill thats already been paid constitute as grounds to terminate a contract on?
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hymenaios wrote: »
    hi there, does anyone know if orange taking money repeatedly out of a bank account for a bill thats already been paid constitute as grounds to terminate a contract on?

No, that's a billing error. Very annoying but not grounds to cancel, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure