Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• Have just used Bristol Airport Premier parking, cheap it is not..... but compared to the rush for the bus and the queue for keys this has to be the best. Silver Zone is just not an option!

I have also tried various local car parks and all are very pleasant and cheaper but none are as flexible or convenient.

I would definitely use it again in the future with the added bonus of a discount. Thanks lordbuckethead for the link.
  • BRISTOL AIRPORT: Used this one several times, stayed overnight for early flights at their modern, clean and comfortable B&B, efficient transport to and from Bristol Airport. Lovely people and good value for money. Newditch Farm, Potter Hill, Feltop, N. Somerset, BS40 9XB. Tel: 01275 472398
  • Important info re FHR at Bristol airport: Travelling in Aug 08, on arrival there was nothing to indicate where to park the car. When trying to find out the info the man behind the counter was more interested in his fag than talking to us. There was no queueing system and we were pushed in front of by other people (difficult to avoid when coping with our two young children). The mini bus had room for only 7 passengers, we had to wait approx 40 mins before the third mini bus was able to take us. We had put our luggage into the 2nd mini bus but had to take it out again as other passengers had taken the seats! On the way back we had to wait another 40 mins to be picked up. Not good enough, FHR do not do what they claim to do in our experience. Shocking service which I will be going out of my way to tell other people not to use. Also, poor security, anyone could drive in past reception.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bristol Airport:
    http://www.airporttavern.co.uk/

Free minibus from the parking just outside the airport to the terminal.

used this and can recommend it,
  • I should take my own advice. This time I didn't use WCP for Bristol Airport Parking. We flew on a late evening flight to Ireland and wanted the convenience of on-airport parking because we have a 3 year old and were after minimum hassle.

WCP for the period we were away would be about £25. We paid £43 and went Silver-zone. Drop off was fine - I left my wife and sleeping daughter at the terminal then drove round to Silver, left the car in a space really near the reception area and was onto the bus and back at the terminal in about 5 minutes.

On return we waited 15 minutes for the bus, waited 5 minutes in the key queue then had to walk the length of the pickup area (about 200 yards with suitcases + tired daughter) to get our car which I had originally left about 20 yards from the reception area. Not much sense in that system!

When we got into the car my seat was pumped all the way up to the roof (I hate people !!!!!!ing about with the seat, especially height) and the heating was on 27 degrees for both sides. The Radio was on Radio 3. I'm thinking now that someone has left my car running and had a nice cosy snooze with classical music on.

Not happy. Won't be using them again!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bristol Airport:
    http://www.airporttavern.co.uk/

Free minibus from the parking just outside the airport to the terminal.

used this one before and it was good, no problems either
  • Sir_gent
    Sir_gent Posts: 12 Forumite
    I've used the airport car parks many times and a few of the other, smaller operators. Definately wont be using any of the local pubs or car parks again! used a car park about 10 miles away from the airport at the start of summer and wished I hadnt.. impossible to find and appeared to be part of a farm. No security and very amateur. Not had any problems on the airports car parks and normally use Silver Zone. always book as far in advance as possible as you could save quite a bit - www.bristolairport.co.uk
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We always park on site at Cardiff Airport. Search for discount codes if you are not an AA member to get 15-20% off APH price. You are within walking distance of the terminal or you can get on the shuttle bus. You park your car yourself so no handing the keys over.

With discount it's as cheap as Highwayman and more convienent.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello (first ever post!) heres my tip for parking at Bristol

personally I hate the Silver Zone car park (miles away, takes ages, have to hand over keys) and much prefer on-site (they call it long stay) - can literally walk to terminal in 4/5 mins - but its a bit dearer

So. . . join this travel rewards thing

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/travelrewards.aspx

free (just id & password)

every month they email you a code which gives you (about 10%?) a discount
    which you enter on the website when booking, obviously

this makes the on-site parking about the same price as the dreaded Silver Zone (off-site) one

cheers!

This site is cheaper for Bristol when I compared with above.

Back to MotoringDiscounts.co.uk

Book airport parking through this site and you get 20% discount if you are a member of any breakdown body. I'm with autoaid so I entered my autoaid member number and had the 20% discount. It was cheaper for Bristol Airport than going through the AA site (I used to be a member before I saw the light):)
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • hey, I am looking for the cheapest possible option for parking near bristol airport for 3 nights in november. I am slightly untrusting of the majority of poster's tips on this thread due to their lack of posts. Suggests to me they are promoting their own site! Just joined the website from the above post hoping to get dicount emails, but if there's a cheaper option, like the tavern (http://www.airporttavern.co.uk/parking.html) several seemed to recommend then that would be better. If anyone can help that would be super :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback