[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Comments

• Hi, I've had this recently and it was off the back of an easyjet flight I booked - after booking I was offered £10 cashback on the next easyjet flight so I clicked it - next thing I know I'm signed up to £8 a month. Not sure what the bank'll do about this.
  • I noticed an £8 on a card I only use to book flights. It seems EasyJet have allowed this company to offer a discount voucher on their site which (I didn't notice it and I am careful) signs you up and allows your card details to be given to Shopperdisc.co.uk.

I emailed Shopperdic.co.uk and have cancelled my "membership" and have been promised a refund of the initial charge.
    Pete
  • deadleg21
    deadleg21 Posts: 136 Forumite
    ive got a pending £8 POS for today when i havn't even used my card today. I hope it's not this, sounds difficult to fix.
  • I contacted my bank and told them that my card details have been used without my permission (as I'm certain I didn't enter card details into the shopper discount page) and they said I should contact the lost/stolen cards line. - Am surprised as when with a diff bank in the past and someone did a duplicate transaction (seemingly innocent) they were unstoppable in retrieving the cash.

hmmm. Have sent shopper discount a complaining email lets see if they reply
  • btw, I got the reply from their customer service same as other people "Our records show that you or someone in your household joined the Shopper Discounts and Rewards programme after completing an online transaction with www.easyjet.co.uk..... " etc etc etc

they claim to be refunding me the 8pounds but I won't hold my breath - will let you all know if they do though!
  • papito
    papito Posts: 365
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Vistaprint is another offering this subscriptions
  • tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,304
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Vistaprint have caught loads of people out with this one, including my OH. Having said that he did receive an email beforehand to say they were going to start charging I think £9.95 a month.
    They do it by offering you free business cards or prints.
    He complained straightaway & they cancelled the payment without any problem.
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ..and interflora..
  • Hi,

This has just happened to me with ALLPOSTERS...grr. I have tried to get a refund but so far no luck. I have emailed Allposters about this, telling them it puts me off buying stuff with them, and when people find out that they are linked to shopper discounts it puts them off too. They seem not to care as they have not replied to my email which annoys me more, so now I am going to as many places as possible to add Allposters to "the list".
    People that did get refunds - did they come from shopper discounts? They just keep telling me that I signed up so its my fault :(

Cheers
    Jen
  • Hi,

Just thought I'd add to this thread as I have hopefully just sorted out this problem. I was checking through my bank statement an hour ago and saw this £8 charge called shopper discounts. I didn't know what it was so I googled it and up came this thread, I read it and saw someone posted that it might be to do with EasyJet. Well the only thing recently I've bought online was an EsayJet ticket 2months ago. I phoned Natwest and the said they've had a spate of these calls today and it's to do with a company called GlobalCollect.com, however the number I was given by natwest didn't work and the website doesnt allow you to contact them. I also couldnt get in contact with EasyJet very easily, so after googling again I found a site called shoppers dicount http://shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk/, I phoned the following number 08082341539 (drop the 0 if using a mob) and you get through to an automated system. It asks for credit card details (which I was NOT giving!) But then it asked for a membership number which would be in an email, I looked in my spam email and found a membership number! I keyed this in and processed with cancelling my membership, BUT DON'T HANG UP, after 2 times of listening to all my details being cancelled and not being charged again, there was a prompt to refunding my initial membership - Horrahhh! i did this and now have 2 emails telling me my membership is cancelled and my refund will be processed in the next 3 -5 days. Fingers crossed but this looks like the best solution for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure