Kindle Fire offers thread

I've been waiting for the Amazon Black Friday offer on the Kindle Fire. It's reduced from 129 pounds to 99. Currys have reduced theirs to match the Amazon price, however when you buy any case with this kindle, you get 10 pounds cashback! The cheapest case online is 4.99 so for 94 pounds (after cashback), you get the kindle fire plus a case. Don't forget topcashback: 5.05% for online purchases gives another fiver towards the kindle.

I've ordered mine and can collect the kindle instore but the case is sent free of charge by post as it's not available to reserve online. Not sure if it's available instore when I visit. I'll confirm this later on once I've collected the kindle.

Hope this helps someone!

Comments

• bebewoo
    bebewoo Posts: 622 Forumite
    Can't check out
  • Midger
    Midger Posts: 341 Forumite
    Now my son wants one! Looks like this offer is going to be a great one for me! :j
  • Just to note too, I got one today from John Lewis as there were non instock for me to collect from my local Currys.

They price matched the Amazon price and it also comes with the free 2 year parts and labour guarentee.
  • yes, agree john lewis with warranty is best bet
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The cash back is apparently given in January! I bought the blackberry play book with case and thought it was £10 off but it was falsely advertised in store. None of the staff could actually say if the cash back was in the form of a voucher or cash. One even said it will go onto your card when you pay. I told them I was paying in cash and was told to register it 'after 30 days from purchase' online and ten pounds cash will be given in January! If anyone works in currys actually know if it's cash or voucher...let me know! :D
    Oh...and I didn't need the case neither as there was already a padded sleeve in with the play book!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,841 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    we bought a fire yesterday from PC world but didn't bother with the case as the only one they had was £12.99 and there was a better one online without the risk of not getting cashback for £2.99 (ebay).

Have so far transferred mp3 music via usb cable to music folder - plays fine, not managed to get sound on a transferred mp4 movie but only had it a few hours. Have to play movie via "personal video" on apps tab. free books from gutenberg etc also transfer fine via usb and Calibre. However I prefer the e-ink on my old kindle so prob won't read books on it, but do plan on transferring reference books with lots of colour pictures and eg cookery books. Anybody else got any suggestions for using it?

HTH
  • http://www.johnlewis.com/Electricals/eReaders/Kindle+Fire/SubCategory.aspx?SearchTerm=kindle

(Sorry if someone else has already posted - only just spotted this on JL's website!)
  • Go to the app store and get the free VLC app, it's an orange traffic cone :S Then open this when you want to watch movies you have transferred over to your Fire, works for all formats I have tried so far :)
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I bought one yesterday, told some of my family, they all bught one too.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport