Sat & Sun 14th &15th what small dfw are you doing??

Sat & sun what small dfw are you doing

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important!
debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50

Comments

• Morning every

its rain here today yuck

so today DH and DS go and collect my freezer wow

more dfw cooking will be doing

ive been up since 5.30 lol i hit the sales hehe only got a duvet it was just a £5

so today
    possible a wee nap
    check banking
    small shop
    ironing

talk soon xxxlppxxx
  • kjp
    kjp Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post
    Morning all!

Thanks for starting us off LPP!

Today I will:
    Check banks
    Check CCs
    Check TCB
    Check Ebay
    Sort out of clothes/stuff and start shifting furniture
    Persuade father to give me a lift to Argos for new shelving unit (mostly paid for by vouchers hopefully!)
    Out tonight but will only spend money I take - and getting lift there and back so no taxi fees
    Resume daily SB clicks

Right, giving myself 10 mins on the internet then start sorting!

Catch up later xx
    House Fund: £2,800/£20,000 - 14%
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2012 at 1:10PM
    Morning lpp & kjp (I didn't say it the other day but welcome back kjp, lovely to see you again and glad you didn't fall too far off the wagon!) lpp thanks for starting us off! Hope you're feeling a bit better today, must be tough being ill for so long x

Oh my what a glorious feeling now its the weekend - 2 whole glorious days of no pressure and demands :j trying not to spend very much money for another week, strangely its not too much of a chore! Went shopping yesterday so have all food, so may just manage a NSD day/weekend :T

Things for today:
    • check banking
    • go pay in some money to the bank - bought some things for work on my cashback cc
    • continue to watch ebay - I currently have 15 watchers on a hula hoop I've listed and 9 on my watch!
    • list 1 thing on ebay
    • make a banana cake to use up bananas
    • all meals from stores
    • go to the gym, for a swim & a sauna - make use of the gym membership I have!
    • watch films, drink wine & play scrabble this afternoon/evening - forecast to be raining here too!
    • [STRIKE]email dd's old landlord re the rest of the deposit - he said he was going to transfer it on Tuesday...[/STRIKE]
      *Paid said money off of cc card - have brought my cc down to just over £100 now - anything else I earn this month will go towards festival tickets we want to go to in August :dance:

Still gonna stay in bed for a while! :D have a great day everyone xx
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Good morning/weekend,
    LPP – Thanks for starting us off this morning

List for today:
    • check bank, move money around and update spend sheet
    • do an online shop using mysupermarket
    • revise budgets
    • check ebay
    • all meals from stores
    • sort tester paperwork
    • check one poll
    • dust and hoover the house and collect up the washing whilst doing this
    • change the bedding
    • do some work on craft projects
    • do some work on web reviews
    • stay in tonight and do some course work
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Afternoon all:) busy day here, wast planning on t, just sort of happened but all good :list for the weekend:

Treated DH and Dd to breakfast, but used staff discount so came to £10. Still full now ;). Rest of meals from stores/ planner
    Meal plan based on food we have in
    Decided to tidy my office :eek: got rid of loads of stuff. Plus massive bag of stuff to fleabay tonight :D
    Decluttered some more stuff to garage, DH tidied in there too ;)
    keep an eye, got 15 things finishing on fleabay today or tomorrow. Will package the nes already green tonight and label, so I can post when they pay.
    DH applying for new job tomorrow. Fingers crossed he gets it. Would make a massive difference to us :o
    Try and pick the gooseberries that are in the swamp that is our veggie patch :o

Think that's about all. Have a gres weekend everyone. Will check back later and tomorrow :)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good evening all

LPP - Thanks for starting us off

Sorry for being AWOL I just feel as if I have nothing to say or contribute, am struggling to stay motivated, havent been straying too far from the DFW lifestyle.

Have a great weekend all

Love

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• PurpleFairy26
    jonno7 wrote: »
    Afternoon all:) busy day here, wast planning on t, just sort of happened but all good :list for the weekend:

Treated DH and Dd to breakfast, but used staff discount so came to £10. Still full now ;). Rest of meals from stores/ planner
    Meal plan based on food we have in
    Decided to tidy my office :eek: got rid of loads of stuff. Plus massive bag of stuff to fleabay tonight :D
    Decluttered some more stuff to garage, DH tidied in there too ;)
    keep an eye, got 15 things finishing on fleabay today or tomorrow. Will package the nes already green tonight and label, so I can post when they pay.
    DH applying for new job tomorrow. Fingers crossed he gets it. Would make a massive difference to us :o
    Try and pick the gooseberries that are in the swamp that is our veggie patch :o

Think that's about all. Have a gres weekend everyone. Will check back later and tomorrow :)

Ooops! Sorry about the poor spelling:o in addition to the above I have sold 7 books on amazon for £13. About 10 items sold in fleabay, not made a fortune probably £25 after fees. Also listed 15 more :)
  • kjp
    kjp Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post
    Morning all!

Feeling a tad delicate after last night but came in within budget so happy with that. Jonno - never tried selling on Amazon, is it easy?

Today I will:
    Check banks
    Check CCs
    Check TCB
    Check Ebay
    Accept 'best offer' and package up Ebay item sold
    Assemble shelving unit
    Finish tidying bombsite
    Start to update MS Money - sadly neglected :(
    SB clicks
    Look for little present for OH - our anniversary on Wed
    NSD other than present maybe

Think that's it!

Have a great day all, the sun is really trying to shine down here!
    Kxx
    House Fund: £2,800/£20,000 - 14%
  • Morning Everyone

well it not raining here wow its raining now grr

thanks dnms just wish the gems would leave getting sick of taking tablets iam off on my holis from work iam unsure if i should go sick .

well todays todo

go to DN party he has chicken pox
    check banking
    sort the cupboard out for the freezer to go in
    try a nsd
    washing on

and relax where possible lol xxx

have a great day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlppxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • PurpleFairy26
    [ Jonno - never tried selling on Amazon, is it easy?

Kxx[/QUOTE]

KJP I hadn't sold on amazon before last night but seemed straightforward enough. I used amazon trade so they give you a price there and then and you print a label (Freepost) and you get credit to your amazon account. I sold 7 books to see if it works. The benefit for me was that I wanted rid, not listed on a site that someone may bd on in 3 months if that makes sense. I'll let you know :D

Quiet day today after much broken sleep last night. But a NSD :j Took DD to park but was free :) meals from stores. Quiet night in packing my fleabay sales up, may even list a few more as I seem to be on a roll - before I loose the will with it :o

Hope you all enjoy your evening :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport