Free Harrods Father Christmas grotto tickets

Options

Comments

• davethecue
    Options
    Thanx op
    Also got the gobbledygook but after 90 mins of refreshing(f5 button) eventually got confirmation

Worth perseveering with
    Don't let the past become your future
    Change for the better
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    If anyone needs help booking, I can do it if you PM me your details...I am not going as I don't have kids and I think I'd break Santa's legs if I sat on his knee. Or rather, my stepson is 16 so I don't think he'd be up for going somehow...
  • piddleypops
    Options
    We went last year and found the whole thing very commercial. We had to wait about half an hour before we were taken into a corridor with lots of doors which looked like changing rooms. Behind each one was a Santa. A quick hello, a photo taken and we were out.

The photo was expensive and the gift was a Cinderella sticker book. We were very disappointed. :sad:
  • graunya
    graunya Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, have managed to book our entire toddler group in for Sept 17th, they will be sooo excited when we tell them
    :j Its because I'm a Bean:j
    Debt Free and loving it
  • PIXIEBUM
    PIXIEBUM Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    was wondering do they get a free gift or ....... ???
    and also the photos are 4 for 12£ this year thats not bad in my eyes.

i've never been to harrods so its a experience for me too!
  • bargainmaiden
    Options
    Thank you!
  • bargainmaiden
    Options
    PIXIEBUM wrote: »
    was wondering do they get a free gift or ....... ???
    and also the photos are 4 for 12£ this year thats not bad in my eyes.

i've never been to harrods so its a experience for me too!

yes, apparently everyone got a book last year. ( I wouldn't know, as I booked tickets but they never arrived:mad: . So lucky this year you can print them yourself :beer: )
  • Vedsgirl75
    Options
    We've booked for the 22nd Dec! Does anyone know if there are any hidden costs? ( other than photographs? ) ...not been there before so don't want any unwelcome surprises!:eek:
  • Muffy0
    Muffy0 Posts: 4,387 Forumite
    Options
    yay! Many thanks. I have booked the 3rd December at lunchtime! We are going to make a day of it!! Woohooo cant wait!! :D:D:D
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    Options
    :o:o:o:o I'm sooooo stupid!!!!!

Booked my tickets thinking Harrods was Hamleys iykwim!!!!!

When it dawned on me it was Harrods I remember ages ago people used to say they were pretty strict about going in and wondered if they still were???

The thing is I always feel very self confident that people think I am some kind of chav as I am 26 and have 2 young children (nearly 5 and 2). I started my family young as my OH is 6 years older than me and we took that into consideration, He looks very young for his age and so I am always paranoid that when we are in shops people think I'm going to pinch stuff!!! I know for sure in places like Boots I am followed by security guards! it almost makes me feel like I am looking guilty when I am not!!! I think alot of people are judging me thinking I am a young mum, probably scrounging on benefits, etc etc when I am not! we've owned our own house from before we started a family and have been together donkeys years!! I don't really even wear chavvy clothes tbh,

So will I find it really stuffy going there? I've never been and wanted it to be a really nice day for the children!

I'm probably being stupid, but getting myself nervous about going already!! anyone around who can put my mind at rest??? :o:o

PS No offence intended to any real chavs!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure