HotNotes - Desktop Post-it-notes

Comments

• m261182
    m261182 Posts: 37 Forumite
    silkkat50 wrote: »
    I didnt know that either and i have vista.. Just looked at it and hate the fact that you have to write it with your mouse as it looks a mess and is difficult. Unless there is a way to change it to typing. But love the fact that you can voice record your notes!!

theres a post it note gadget for the sidebar, i find the ones in windows 7 much better
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,123
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There's also a piece of software called Stickies (and it's freeware). You install as a program and can leave yourself notes with alarms and such-like. If two people have it installed and are on the same network, you can share them as well. Very useful ..... at least I think so.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • jools61
    jools61 Posts: 142
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for Hottnotes - I'm really impressed with it! It's great for someone like me who has a terrible memory; I keep losing my handwritten notes.

Now I've got checklists of all the tracks I want to download, and have compiled shopping lists of things to buy. I'm sure I will find many uses for it.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hmmm

I currently use a spiral bound note book and a pen. I need to write things soon as they occur and I'm not always on my pc when I remember something :rotfl:

Could always transfer my hand written notes to pc? But especially when making notes on packing cases for trips, going to shops etc I need to take the list with me. Would likely be good for internet based reminders though.

MX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • superhoop
    superhoop Posts: 318
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    rmg1 wrote: »
    There's also a piece of software called Stickies (and it's freeware). You install as a program and can leave yourself notes with alarms and such-like. If two people have it installed and are on the same network, you can share them as well. Very useful ..... at least I think so.

I vote for Stickies in XP as well. Lovely piece of freeware. Very small, unobtrusive and does just what it says on the tin!

http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • missingink
    missingink Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    That-Guy wrote: »
    Its in the Start Menu in the Accessories folder and called Sticky Notes :)

Running on Vista Basic & can't find the bloomin thing!:rolleyes:
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks op! I have just downloaded to this laptop must download it to the other laptop later. It should be useful.
  • For those who can not find sticky notes on Vista. These instructions were found using Google.
    1. Open the Start Menu.
    2. Click on All Programs, Accessories, Tablet PC, and Sticky Notes.
    NOTE: If you do not have the Tablet PC folder, then you will need to check Tablet PC Optional Components in Windows Features.
  • MrGumby
    MrGumby Posts: 174
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you're on Windows 7 (I have an idea this works with Vista too but can't check), just click the Start button, type 'sticky' into the search box and hit Enter.
  • great site
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport