and WISE too late!
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Bump...................................
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • I went Bankrupt on March 5th.
    Everything went very smoothly and seemed to be trouble free right up untill last week when santander froze my account. It seems to be almost impossible to get them to release my money. I've spent two days with a customer services advisor at my local branch and have had zero luck so far :(
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    ClarryMay wrote: »
    I went Bankrupt on March 5th.
    Everything went very smoothly and seemed to be trouble free right up untill last week when santander froze my account. It seems to be almost impossible to get them to release my money. I've spent two days with a customer services advisor at my local branch and have had zero luck so far :(

Have you contacted your OR over this matter?
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • Yes the OR faxed a letter to Santander saying he had no interest in the account.

Santander just seem to be making it as awkward as possible, nobody seemed to have any idea how to go about unfreezing my account. My advisor was phoning and faxing various internal departments all day.

Thought it was all sorted with the OR's letter faxed to the correct department and everything, but when phoning through to have the block lifted so that I could withdraw my cash, my advisor was told to go back to the OR and get another letter showing the exact amount that was in the account.

That was at 4:50pm and bank was closing. I have to go back again tomorrow now. I phoned the OR today and was told he would provide a letter stating he is uninterested in the account (which he has already done twice) but would not state the amount of money that is in the account.
  • Ok I managed to get my cash from Santander on Saturday 5th.
    I was told that the account was going to be closed by head office and a cheque would be sent to me.
    I logged onto internet banking and lo and behold my account was active. So I transferred everything to my girlfriends account. One quick trip to the bank and she got my cash out for me :)

Now I'm just waiting for my new cashminder account details to be posted so I can change my pay details.

I can't speak badly enough about Santander. They suck badly and I recommend that everybody stops using them.
  • Westan
    Westan Posts: 23 Forumite
    I declared myself BR on March 13th. Can I join this exclusive club please?
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Westan wrote: »
    I declared myself BR on March 13th. Can I join this exclusive club please?

Hi Westan and welcome to March's BR club, Dojoman will add your name to the front page :beer:

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Westan
    Westan Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hi,

Nearing the time when I receive a letter discharging me (I hope!)

I want to hit the ground running with regards to moving on with rebuilding my credit etc etc. What is the best course of action? Where shall I look? What can be done?

Any help will be really appreciated!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family