Halifax to Halifax Bank Transfer - How long does it take?

Hello,

How long does a transfer from the account of one halifax customer to another take to be credited to the other account?

The transfer will be done online. How long does it take to set up the transfer and then to send the money?

Thanks
Keith

Comments

• LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    30 seconds to set up and the transfer is immediate - you can almost watch the pound notes moving across ;)

Seriously, you can set up a transfer, click send and then go to your other account and it'll be there.

edit - just seen this is two separate customers - I think it will be the same as above, but not 100% certain
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924
    Forumite
    Yeah it's from my sister to me, the setting up is straight forward, but unlike me sending cash to my savings it's an interbank transfer, the next time I can send money outside of Halifax is Tuesday. But I'm hoping that this can be done quicker :)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why not make a £1 test transfer...then you'll find out. :)
  • Keith
    Forumite
    Its an inbound payment, which I'm expecting to be sent tomorrow, I just wonder when it'll be received (wonder=worried). :)
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,242
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Not sure if this will be the same for your accounts but anytime I've wanted to transfer from our Halifax joint acct to someone else's account with the Halifax its taken up to 24 hours to set up the mechanism but this is for regular payments so not sure re a one off.

Once the payment arrangment is set up it goes through straight away. I'd check it out as previous poster suggests just in case you have to wait for the details to be verified. Try setting up a transfer and see what happens
  • Keith
    Forumite
    It seems that the payment arrangement is set up to my nationwide account, I can send it £1 but it will go on Tuesday.

I can instantly transfer to my savings account.

I've read their FAQ with regards to moving money to other banks but nothing mentions to another account holder with Halifax.

Thanks all, I guess I'll just have to wait and see tomorrow :)
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    well from BOS to halifax is immediate so I would imagine halifax to halifax is the same.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    LilacPixie wrote: »
    well from BOS to halifax is immediate
    Even for accounts in different names (which is the OP's situation)?
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It normally takes overnight to have the transfer details enabled. Thereafter any transfer you do is immediate.

Far too often I have to transfer money to the OH's account :rolleyes: (separate portfolio so treated as a separate customer) .... and that's instant. Far too often also have to transfer money to son's account ..... regrettably that's also instant. Unfortunately no one transfers money into my Halifax account ... but that too would be instant if from within Halifax.;)
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • Keith
    Forumite
    Just to bring this to an end, the transfer was set up instantly and the money appeared instantly in my account :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure