The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Comments

• MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Target reached today!! # 10 / 10 :j:j:j

Really pleased that I managed it :). Decided next month I'm going to try and spend only on days where I have D/Ds and S/Os coming out of the bank....and realised that I have a lot of D/D and S/O days!!

There are 15 potential NSDs for March if I count this way....although I already know that I'm travelling for work the first week in March which always means spends :(

So, I'll aim for 12 in March - a couple more than February but stricter criteria....

Might end up with another one for Feb (travelling first half of this week unfortunately!)
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • butdoineedit?
    butdoineedit? Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2013 at 10:37PM
    Woo hoo!!!! lodgers OH is away so she has gone home for a few days to sort out her stuff & pack properly to move into mine, it's only a temporary repreive, but it was heaven to get back to an empty house & be able to potter around as i like!!
    As she will be away until the middle of the week i am going to be really naughty & chuck a sickie at uni this week, then i have 3 whole nights at home alone, i am just soooooo excited!!
    Bdini - sometimes you can be too close to a situation to read it correctly. Enter neutral people like us lot on here, who can give you an objective assessment - and watch your back for you! (Hope you don't mind us sticking our beaks in!)

Mind???????? I would find it impossible to manage my life without you guys, it's certainly not sticking your beak in, & it's more appreciated than you will ever know!!!! (so please keep doing it!!)
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    One final thing, anyone have good plan how to save unspent fuel budget? If I keep in shopping/fuel account it will just dissappear...if I move to the budgeted savings fund, like for car ins etc its not easily accessible, perhaps be better to keep it in cash and get a new pot/jam jar/purse?/ any thoughts:think:

Have you thought about opening a savings account that comes with a cash card? then it would be accessible if you really needed it, but would stop that "dipping into the pot", that i find i always do if there's too much cash in the house!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))) Spoon hope you feel better soon! x

Oh & i won't be around to do my update on Weds, so so sorry , but i am heading home for the funeral which is Thursday morning, i do hope you guys won't mind managing without, i promise to be back on track next week!!

Oh & had to ETA, i live in the most amazing area with the most amazing people, i found out today that they had been discussing how to help me in the pub & one chap has organised all the catering for the wake for 50 squids & all i have to do is pick it up on the morning of the funeral & transport it back to my grans, which will be so easy, as my little old man friend from the pub has hired a mini bus for us to drive home in, so he can then transport all my grans friends from church to cemetery to wake. My family might be a nightmare, but with all that & you guys i am just unbelievably blessed with my friends!
    February NSD challenge 5/15
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!

Mind???????? I would find it impossible to manage my life without you guys, it's certainly not sticking your beak in, & it's more appreciated than you will ever know!!!! (so please keep doing it!!

Oh & had to ETA, i live in the most amazing area with the most amazing people, i found out today that they had been discussing how to help me in the pub & one chap has organised all the catering for the wake for 50 squids & all i have to do is pick it up on the morning of the funeral & transport it back to my grans, which will be so easy, as my little old man friend from the pub has hired a mini bus for us to drive home in, so he can then transport all my grans friends from church to cemetery to wake. My family might be a nightmare, but with all that & you guys i am just unbelievably blessed with my friends!

I'd be careful about using the phrase 'sticking your beak in' after Igor's attempt at xmas dinner - the turkey is not supposed to be put in the oven 'as it is' :eek:

Ahhh, bless your friends in the pub - that really is lovely of them. Just goes to show, they didn't even have to do it, but wanted to as friends - your family (and lots others) could take a lesson from that. Three cheers to good friends :beer: xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    That is so amazing BINDI ~ I hope all goes as well as it can Thursday xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NSD 16 today :j
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx

• solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Spoony~Hope you feel better soon xx
    spoon get well soon.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))) Spoon hope you feel better soon! x

Thank you all, much appreciated xxx :A:A:A

I seriously need a nose transplant :eek:
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • Ooof, I fell off the wagon but good over the weekend. Sudden moment of rebellion about why should I deny myself so much blahdeblahde.

I did manage one NSD, by the skin of my teeth, but it's going to make the next few days tricky...

NSD11 please.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • solventsoon
    Evening everyone :wave:

Another update coming up and lots more NSDs being nabbed today by the looks of it, yippeeeeeeeeee

Firstly, big THANK YOU to Freeby for all the work you put into this challenge, it’s very much appreciated by all of us:A:A

Targets reached:

:j:j:jCandlewick - a brilliant NSD no 18 nabbed and your second target reached, that’s fantastic.:j:j:j Freeby will award your prize tomorrow, keep an eye out for it. Yay to your 5 in-a-rowtarget being met as well, you’re definitely on a roll.:j:j
    Good luck with your new targets of 18 NSDs and 7 in-a-row, you can do it!

:j:j:jMissE001 - a brilliant NSD no 10 nabbed and your target reached, that’s fantastic. :j:j:j
    Freeby will award your prize tomorrow, keep an eye out for it. Fingers crossed for another one or two this week

Well done to:

:j:j:jarmchairexpert - NSD no 11 nabbed and added to the pile now, that’s brilliant. Don’t worry, we all have our moments of rebellion so you’re definitely not alone there

:j:j:jbeanie - a fantastic NSD no 19 grabbed and added to the pot. You’re doing brilliantly as always. Thank you again xx

:j:j:jcoolcats - a brilliant NSD no 12 nabbed and added to the pile now, that’s fantastic. Keep going now, of course you can do it

:j:j:jDebtbusterintraining - refusing to spend today has netted you a brilliant NSD no 5. You’re nearly there now, you can do it

:j:j:jDelilahh - yay to NSD no 7 joining the pack, that’s fantastic. Keep going you can do it

:j:j:jemsloves - I love unexpected NSDs, they’re definitely the best. That’s NSD no 20 added to the pot now, woohoo!

:j:j:jfedup... - yay to an NSD weekend netting you NSD no 14, that’s brilliant. Keep going now

:j:j:jJelly - woohoo to NSD no 16 joining the pack, that’s fantastic. Fingers crossed for some more before the end of the month

:j:j:jKarb - woohoo to NSD no 11 joining the pack, that’s fantastic. Good luck with getting your target, you can do it

:j:j:jkaren - a brilliant NSD no 11 nabbed and added to the pile now, that’s fantastic. Keep going now, you’re nearly there

:j:j:jkatholicos - woohoo to NSD no 16 joining the pack, that’s fantastic. Keep going now, you’re nearly there

:j:j:jmarmite - a fantastic NSD no 16 grabbed and added to the pot, thats brilliant. You’re nearly there now, keep going
    Thank you again x

:j:j:jModestyB - that’s another NSD no 12a added to the pot, you’re doing brilliantly this month, keep going. There’s nothing wrong with 3 NSDs in-a-row you know, don’t be too hard on yourself

:j:j:jNargle - woohoo to NSD no 11 joining the pack, you’ve done brilliantly this month considering all the spendy things you had to deal with.... I don’t think that’s being sneaky at all btw

:j:j:jwildcherry - yay to your lovely friend saving your NSD so that’s no 14 added to the pot and just one more to get. You can do it!

And hello to:

couldsavemore - fingers crossed for another NSD today :)

kerri - more bargains for you today
    :)
    ETO - sometimes spendy days just catch us unawares. Fingers crossed for lots of NSDs rolling in next week :)
  • solventsoon
    Woo hoo!!!! lodgers OH is away so she has gone home for a few days to sort out her stuff & pack properly to move into mine, it's only a temporary repreive, but it was heaven to get back to an empty house & be able to potter around as i like!!
    As she will be away until the middle of the week i am going to be really naughty & chuck a sickie at uni this week, then i have 3 whole nights at home alone, i am just soooooo excited!!

Brilliant news BDINI:j:j:j
    Oh & i won't be around to do my update on Weds, so so sorry , but i am heading home for the funeral which is Thursday morning, i do hope you guys won't mind managing without, i promise to be back on track next week!!

Hope Thursday goes as well as it can hun xx

Wow..... what lovely friends you have, that kind of thing really restores your faith in human nature. It's a bit of a shame that we can't choose our families as well as our friends
  • solventsoon
    And finally....

NSD no 21 for me please Freeby, there has to be some advantage to feeling like death warmed up I guess...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure