PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Evening

Skint & Broomstick get well NOW

Pleasures for today,
    1. LSD only spent £1 on some wrapping paper
    2. Reverbed 9p this morning on the way to work
    3. OH and DD didn't like the soup I made yesterday so took it into work and fed the boys in the office. They were quite happy and didn't moan that it tasted too much of tomato.
    4. Slow cooker on this morning so came home to chicken casserole. I used a pack of value thighs and drumsticks which everyone else enjoyed. I am not a fan of leg meat even though I know it is tastier etc but managed to eat it and knowing it only cost £1.50 for the pack helped:money: and yes as with the theme for the rest of the week there was loads of veg in it though DD did find the courgettes.
    5. Two meetings that I was dreading today went without any problems and one of them was an absolute pleasure, need more like that tomorrow.

Hugs to all who need them. Hope everyone is staying warm
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for the 'get wells' (Get well Skint!) Still feeling ropey but got myself out the house to collect a non-delivered parcel this afternoon and put myself back to bed after that.

Five pleasures for today:

1. Snoozing :)

2. Getting the parcel which contained the last two extended family Xmas prezzies. Still have to get the DSs' but then I'm done. :T

3. Catching up on 'Last Tango in Halifax' - enjoying that one a lot.

4. Very beautiful, clear, deep blue coloured sky at sunset.

5. Lovely, cheering phone call with my best friend.

Sweet dreams

B x
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Never really noticed it before but now you come to mention it the group hug thingy does look a bit iffy :o

1. No alarm clocks, mechanical or animal, so slept in til 9.30am after an insomniac night. Felt heady all morning because my sleep pattern was (still is) upside down but had a siesta after lunch and felt almost normal again
    2. The pot of chilli is, though I say it meself, blooming marvellous! Had to get it into the freezer before I ate half of it but have saved some for lunch tomorrow
    3. Postie brought my first C-word card, made me feel a little less bah humbug about the whole event as it's from lovely DGD1 and her lovely boyfriend. She and DGS1 are coming to lunch tomorrow (today, Thurs) so I'll teach her some MS ways like giving rather than posting cards :)
    4. The snow had cleared on the roads by lunchtime and the forecast isn't too bad for the morning, above freezing so hopefully no more white stuff. IF it does snow I'll put some in a flask and send it along to Pompey for you CCP
    5. Am tired! Might get some sleep now

Sweet dreams :)
  • Frith wrote: »
    -
    4) We are having a Sinterklaas evening tomorrow (well, mum and dad are) and the tradition is we put all the names in a hat and draw one out. You are not supposed to spend much but the wrapping or box has to be "meaningful" in some way and there must be a poem the recipient reads out! And it is all anonymous. I'm just printing my poem out right now and the present for my person came in the post today (thank goodness).

Frith what a wonderful idea, your family sound lovely x

Sparrer hope you managed to get some sleep x

Broomstick hope you are feeling better x

No snow here either, although everything outside is white with frost brrrr. Its my day off today and I cant afford to have the heating on all day, but with this cold and feeling so rough I may just stay in bed ! Hope the snow isnt too bad when I go up norf to the family for a week on 27th

huggs HShuggies.gif to all in need
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :grouphug:

:D

Gosh - all of you with snow, even darn sarf. T'was beautiful here.

Get well soon poorly ones. My DD is still off school with something virus-y

OT - love that one of your pleasures is shaking out straw, you don't get much more OS than that :)
    Frith - love the Sinterklass idea. I'd much rather do that than trawl around for tat that nobody needs.
    CCP - hope you get some snow. Unless you live near me, in which case I hope you don't :D (I know you don't live near me) I love the sound of the drunk office crimbo tree
    PK - I know what you mean about meal planning. I have been trying to empty one freezer since last christmas. Am making a concerted effort at the moment.

Yesterdays

1. Couldn't go in for my meeting at 9 am as DD still in bed, a lovely colleague swapped so I popped in for a couple of hours later, once I knew DD could be left
    2. As i went in late I took advantage and finished the house cleaning and did some washing.
    3. Left over pie for lunch - YUM!!
    4. DS's parents evening and what a pleasure it was. Hearing one teacher say that he was "a clever boy" - no-one but us has ever acknowledged it. We KNEW he was brighter than he appeared but struggles / is too lazy to write it down. As his history teacher said "if he could talk through the exam rather than write it, he would get an A". Many of his teachers said he was capable of A / B grades, we have never been told this before. The challenge now is to get him to write better and do more than the bare minimum. We have a plan that he won't like - involving half an hour english a day (spelling, grammar, punctuation) and reflecting on the work he has done as to how to improve it.
    5. Lovely long chat with my beautiful sister - looking forward to seeing her at christmas.

Have a good day all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello, not long in from work......not really into working an extra 2 hours a day, I like leaving when I do...however I did get a day off yesterday and it's almost Friday!
    Whilst I mostly get on okay with my manager who is almost half my age sometimes he drives me slightly mad....today has been one of those days!

1. A bit warmer today, about 20o, we have had all sorts of weather in the past week, more rain this morning which the garden ,especially veg patch , really needs.

2. Beautiful birdies flying by, parrots and cockatoos and my lovely blackbird who sings his heart out every day.

3. Just found a delivery from amaz0n that I had ordered 'hidden' under the door mat! These are books for Christmas gifts so glad they have arrived.

4. Also got a lovely Christmas card with a lovely letter in it from another letter writing friend.

5. Gas bill is a third of what the previous 3 have been. When OH was off sick he had the heating on all day , so glad he is better and heating not on all the time!

An anticipated pleasure....my son is getting his hair cut tonight. It is seriously long and I think he has finally got a bit fed up with it! He has never liked getting his hair cut!

Have a good day :)
  • Hey everyone, I think we can put me down as the infrequent poster. I haven't been on for ages :( in a bit of a depressive streak. Its just been one thing after another and last weekend my nan had a stroke, she hasnt had one for over 7 years, knocked everyones confidence. On the plus side, thank you to everyone who sent my mum well wishes,they worked- her biopsy came back clear :j It was a random skin thing that won't cause any harm if left.

Anyway, it's onwards and upwards;

1. Haven't been OS-ing for a while and in a fit of 'let's get back to it' I bought a turkey drumstick for £2, a bloody huge one :o It's currently wedged in the slow cooker and whilst it might turn out to be a largely inedible mess, the excitement is immense!

2. Been eating yummy home made soup for lunch all week. Great way to get some veg inside me, might become a lovely,winter ritual.

3. Today is a nothing day, not allowing myself to do anything except potter around. I've got to start looking after myself a bit more.

4. Weather is perfect. Cold, crisp, bright just the way I like it. I'd like some snow though please.

5. My family, friends and partner. Wouldn't have made it through the last couple of weeks without them. Now I'm thinking more clearly I can see how incredibly lucky I am.
    Comper, Blogger & OS-er
    Competition prizes: £6/£2015
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 1. Lazy lunch of veggie sausage rolls as I came in from walking the dog.

2. Not a no spend day as I bought a storage box from Amazon but it was less than £20 and I do use those boxes a lot.

3. I might make homemade soup tonight and make some batches for the freezer as I didn't do that yesterday.

4. I saw a piece about homelessness on the news so I'm very grateful that I have a roof over my head. I take that too much for granted.

5. I have to go and find some old clothes to use as blankets for my cats as they are feeling the cold.
  • Seems the PC has blanked my thoughts for the day! And I was in full flow as well. Never mind.

Hugs to all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport