anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• Never use WAE+ their website informed me that they had my item in stock and I waited 10 days for it to be delivered. It never came even after I paid for faster delivery. I sent an email and they told me they were waiting for stock from their supplier and I could get my item in 1-3 days. 3 days later and still nothing. I emailed again and got a response that they were still waiting for stock. I had a look on the website and my item, priced at £5 more seemed to be in stock. This time I phoned them to place an order for the previous order and they went to tell me that it was in stock. At this point I told them that I was waiting for this exact order and it had not arrived. After being told that the items had different WAE reference numbers and I could order another model and pay more and wait for a refund on my undelivered item I asked for a refund 4 business days later and I'm still waiting for a refund.

Never use this company!
  • hsloco
    hsloco Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 September 2012 at 9:19PM
    Like many others here i didn't check the company out before I placed my order, I went for the cheaper price option. Anyway I ordered and paid for my item on the 30th July, the next day (31st) I decided that 12 days was too long to wait for delivery so I sent an email cancelling my order.

2 days later (2nd August) I received an email back saying that the refund would be processed and back into my account as quickly as possible. At the time I thought that was a pretty good response. Little did I know!

On the 6th Aug I sent another email asking when I would be refunded, I received an email on the 7th stating that my refund is currently in process however under the distance selling regulations it will be refunded within 30 days. This is when alarm bells started ringing.

To cut the story short I received another email on the 2nd Sept to say that they were paying the money back into my account but it would take 3 to 5 days for it to clear. So in total it will have taken them 35 to 37 days to refund my money.

It is the 5th Sept and the refund is still not showing in my account.

Totally dishonest and disreputable low life.
  • I bought some computer parts from wae+ a few months ago. They were way better priced than elsewhere and had free delivery as I spent £120.

After 3 weeks my order hadn't been delivered (I chose the 10-14 day free delivery). I messaged them, and I was told my order was delayed and would be shipped soon (Nobody told me my order was delayed). A week later, half of my order arrived, and then I got an email saying the other half was on back order. It arrived a few days later.

Overall they're well priced, but the customer service is terrible. They don't tell you if your order is delayed or communicate with you in any way unless you talk to them first with a problem. Although after seeing other reviews I won't be going back.
  • absolutely disgusted with this company - do not buy from them - i ordered a 3ds - 158-00 10 days ago - the day after i cancelled as i found the item elsewhere - trying to get my refund is beyond a joke - 3 emails & nothing back from them - 3 calls & they said they need to email their accounts - sorry i cancelled - refund should be straight away.. ill keep you updated on this but they are beyond poor
  • I am thinking of buying a GPS from them a Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT only because they are cheaper. I have seen some reviews on google shopping page most people say the are good some complain as the issues as posted here.

The GPS costs 216 from WAE+ and 233 from else where.

But i guess i wont be buying from WAE+ saved my butt thanks to you guys
  • Don't use this company. Their attitude stinks and their service is abismal. I ordered a printer which initially quoted free fast delivery but then the goalposts moved completely when completing the order to a 21 day delivery! Amazingly they failed to make 21 days even although they did find time to phone me twice during this time to try and sell me rapid delivery at extra charge. I gave them another chance but surprise surprise they failed yet again. They asked for another chance but i'd had enough and lost all faith so asked to cancel the order. This was done and a promise of swift refund to my card was given. A month later now I still haven't been refunded and am still chasing this. They are completely incompetent, steer well clear.
  • I ordered two laser printers and some mouses (order total over £500), which were due to be delivered by 28th Sept (last Friday). Having chased WAE+ today (1st October), I received the following reply:

[FONT=&quot]Dear (redacted),

We are sincerely sorry for the delay caused with your order and can only apologise for the poor service received.

Unfortunately we have been updated this item is no longer available due to issues with the manufacturers. This product was not part of our core range and some times we rely on external sources for information on product lead times and stock availability, this was not fulfilled.

We are due to expect a delivery in the next couple of working days. Are you happy to hold for this?

Kind Regards

Customer Services

These guys don't seem to be very proactive with their customer service. I'll give it until the end of the week and if the goods have not turned up I'll cancel the order and notify CC company of non fulfillment.
    [/FONT]
  • Sun4
    Sun4 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Wish I'd checked here first re WAE+. I ordered a portable drive from them on 8th Sept with free 10 day delivery. Guess what? Still waiting a month later. No communication from WAE to let me know drive was out of stock. I emailed them the other day, they claimed drive would be sent out in 2 days. Still no drive. Wish I'd gone with eBuyer or Amazon. Please avoid WAE+ at all costs.
  • I had similar bad experience with this company.These companies should not be allowed to continue to trade.

I have just reported this company to the trading standard (Phone number 08454 04 05 06) and Action Fraud (Phone number 03001232040)

I suggest if we all report them,action will be taken
  • Splurge
    Splurge Posts: 172
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Basil1234 wrote: »
    right they are based in birmingham office suppliers ordered a kodak hero 6.1 off them on 20th march on 10-12 day free delivery so should been shipped out today just tried ringing them on there 0845 number get the sorry we really busy so there are no customer agents to deal with your call line its been like that all day bear in mind its there sales line as well. tells you to use web page email fast response link which have done with no response as well so all in all wondering is this a one man band or has it gone down the pan.

just wondering if anyone else has had dealings with them at all its just this printer needs to be here by thursday 5th as my father will be going on hols for a fornight after that and will be no one to take it. and if its not they may as well not bother i'll cancel and reorder from amazon at least they arent that slow.

here is my complaint about WAE+ I wish I found this thread before i got burned
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=56316765#post56316765
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport