anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Basil1234
Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
edited 3 April 2012 at 12:14PM in Shop but don't drop
right they are based in birmingham office suppliers ordered a kodak hero 6.1 off them on 20th march on 10-12 day free delivery so should been shipped out today just tried ringing them on there 0845 number get the sorry we really busy so there are no customer agents to deal with your call line its been like that all day bear in mind its there sales line as well. tells you to use web page email fast response link which have done with no response as well so all in all wondering is this a one man band or has it gone down the pan.

just wondering if anyone else has had dealings with them at all its just this printer needs to be here by thursday 5th as my father will be going on hols for a fornight after that and will be no one to take it. and if its not they may as well not bother i'll cancel and reorder from amazon at least they arent that slow.

Comments

• Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    They are also known as We Are Electricals who definitely don't have a good reputation. See this MSE thread for details:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3586327&highlight=we+are+electricals

There's plenty more complaints on Google including an investigation by The Guardian newspaper.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=We+Are+Electricals&meta=cr%3DcountryUK|countryGB&btnG=Google+Search
  • Basil1234
    Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    many thanks just whois and yes is owned by we are electricals will be cancelling order many thanks again.

http://whois.domaintools.com/waeplus.co.uk
  • I've never heard of them, I personally never order anything from stores that aren't well known or fairly established. There's no point...I mean why order from an unknown company when the big boys supply everything you'll ever need. I always find this website really useful sconty.com when looking for stuff, they compare products from all the major stores.
  • j4xny
    j4xny Posts: 1 Newbie
    Definitely DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They took £635 for a variety of computer components, we too paid the extra for speedy delivery, they didn't turn up. We too cancelled the order the reply said ok we'll refund you the £450 we owe you. You can't reply to their emails you have to use the online form and start a new query every time so we sent one straight back saying no you owe us £635, they said they'd look in to it .... guess what no refund, they never answer their phone and now they don't reply to our emails.
  • Our phone lines may often be busy, due to the volume of calls we receive, but we do definitely respond to all fast response form requests within a few days. Due to extended bank holidays this can sometimes be delayed, and we can only apologise for this delay.

In the above case, we had investigated the delivery and found that it had not indeed been delivered, but had been misplaced by the courier company. We regret that this had an impact on the customer, but need to stress that this is an exception to the rule, and that our orders are delivered well within the time-frame specified at checkout.
  • AMoor
    AMoor Posts: 1 Newbie
    I'm catching a distinct whiff of crap from the above post.

I too have been subjected to WAE+'s questionable business practices: having not received the goods I ordered, I cancelled my order and have still not received a refund (its been over a month since I cancelled).

And I'm not the only one. A quick look at seller ratings on Google as well as the following site which was set up specifically to report WAE+'s misdemeanour's should be enough for you to make up your own mind:

weareelectricals dot wordpress dot com

I can't express enough how ridiculous I find it that they are allowed to continue trading. The most I can do now is report them to Trading Standards and to highly recommend to everyone to stay away from these shysters.

They're either too incompetent or too dishonest to be allowed to get away with it.
  • nwy
    nwy Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 July 2012 at 8:37AM
    Free option is the longest time of delivery I've ever seen. It is designed to push customers to pay for the shipment and to abandon free shipping. With this policy, WAE+ can not see success, even if you are the cheapest! A total mistake.

I got an email about the shipment the day before the 3-day (!) delivery window. The details of delivery was the message: "UPS". Just that! I expected that Royal Mail will be used as usual in the case of free shipping, but it came out differently. The next day I was at home all day, waiting for the UPS driver. No one appeared. A day later, I waited until noon and called WAE + asking for tracking number. They have this number!!!The only question is why did not I got it??? Link with the tracking number led to the b-post international(?). My package is in Belgium!!!??? If I got this information in the mail about the shipping, next day I did not sit all day at home, and even a day later.
    I called across the border to "b-post international" with the question which stands for "Parcel is routed"? I got information that the package is in transport and I can check the Yodel website using "local barcode" found on the b-post tracking page.
    Why I did not get this information from WAE+? Instead I get information about the used UPS Courier if that is not used at all?
    Today b-post website shows the latest status of "Attempt failed delivery - Item put physically in warehouse". Place: GB. A little scary ... But at least is in UK!. Yodel website nothing showed yesterday, but today it is accurate information that the package last night went to the warehouse near me.
    Today is the last day delivery window, and it seems that I get this package after 14 days from order! Information on the WAE+ website says about 10-12 days!?
    Why I did not get all the valuable information concerning the shipment of my purchase!? Instead I had to carry out a private investigation!
  • 1000stars
    1000stars Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 July 2012 at 4:25PM
    I placed an order over 2 months ago, as soon as they got my money, they said that they didn't have item in stock.
    Apparently they have a 30 days money back policy but 2 months later I'm still waiting.
    I have been chasing for a refund of my money but I'm only getting lame excuses.
    This company is the worst I have dealt with, you will only get grief if you buy something from them.

I really wonder what Martin would advise on this matter.
    Martin can you help??
  • sinisterimage79
    sinisterimage79 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 December 2012 at 11:27PM
    This is the worst company I have had the experience of using. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

It's a similar story to many others - order 'not in stock' well beyond the date of delivery, continued problems of receiving stock from suppliers, and when you eventually tire of chasing up (this company doesn't know what proactive means, and all information was only received from my efforts), you ask for a refund.

Then you receive no refund. They took money on Day 1 (of course) and I believe they are making money hoping that people will simply tire of awaiting for their order, or awaiting for their refund. The customer service was appalling and frankly, [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] The office drones in customer services offered the simply shocking suggestion when chasing my refund that 'well I guess you could activate a chargeback via your bank?'. They might as well say 'well, probably sue us... we have your money but can't be arsed to give it back'.

Rude. Unhelpful. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

I decided to give them a try after trying to redirect my business from Amazon (due to lack of tax paying), yet Amazon must be the lesser of two evils, as at least their customer service and delivery has always been impeccable for me.

I'm not going to use caps here, but if you value your own money, shop elsewhere. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • Cristaki
    Cristaki Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 August 2012 at 7:12PM
    I bought a La Crosse weather station which came in at £217.41 which was very competitive. The item turned up on time, but turned out to be faulty. I asked for a full refund. Nothing heard for over a week so I phoned them; the most painful music on hold I have ever come across. After several attempts I got through and was told it was in the returns dept being 'tested'. Two weeks later I used the on-line web form as I could not face up to phoning them again (this is probably the design of the system), I also told them they are legally bound to refund me within 30 days according to distance selling regulations . I got a reply telling me the item was still being tested, and this could take 6-8 weeks. I lodged a complaint with CAB. I will probably claim the money back through the credit card or go through the Money On Line Claim through the courts. In the meantime I intend to give them the publicity they deserve in as many places as possible.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure