Cooking times for turkey crown -boneless

Hi,

I am sure it has been asked before but can't seem to find it anywhere.

I have a 5 kilo turkey crown to cook but with no bones, just the meat with stuffing in the middle.

Any clues as to how long this needs to be cooked and at what temperature. Not sure if the same times apply as it has no bones.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Comments

• mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Cooking Instructions
    How long to cook your Boneless Crown of Turkey

As a rule of thumb boneless crowns need 25 minutes per kg plus 20 minutes extra.
    Tip: Cover your turkey with foil during cooking and uncover for the last 30 minutes to brown the skin. To stop the meat drying out, baste it every hour during cooking.
    These cooking times are based on an unstuffed bird. It's better to cook your stuffing in a separate roasting tin, rather than inside the bird, so it will cook more easily and cooking guidelines will be more accurate. (If you cook your bird with the stuffing inside, you will need to allow extra time for the amount of stuffing and allow for the fact that it cooks more slowly.)
    Allow your cooked turkey to rest for about 30 mins before carving.
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
  • Wow, thanks.
  • mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    It's my pleasure!

Happy Christmas :santa2::santa2:
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
  • ooooh bet u will never come back to this thread mumoftwins but i was going to ask the same but about a turkey crown with bone IN.

:o:o:o
    Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you up into strips and telling the prince that you walked over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat?
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Don't they have the times on the packet? I have one in freezer but not checked - I'm sure it did last yr!!
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • 7roland8 wrote: »
    Don't they have the times on the packet? I have one in freezer but not checked - I'm sure it did last yr!!

I'm picking mine up fresh from the butcher tomorrow and so it won't have any packaging like that on it
    :rotfl: l love this site!! :rotfl:
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Instructions on back of my Turkey Crown (with bone)

20 - 25 mins per 45grm plus extra 20 - 25 mins.

Mine only weighs 2.4 kg so I estimate it will take between 2hr and 2 hr 15 mins approx.
  • I wonder if anyone can tell me how long do I allow for 2 Turkey Crowns. Do I just double the time? Or will my fan oven cook them together as if they were just one? - they are both 2.33kg crowns...
  • aaaaahhh conflicting times...I have a 3kg turkey crown ...no bones etc

the wrapper says 20 mins per kg and 70 minutes extra at 190 degrees

oh and its frozen and it says it takes 11 hours to defrost at room temp...that doesn't seem a lot...is that right?
  • Hello I am new to the forum.
    Could I ask what the temperature we are talking about regarding the turkey crown please. My wife is filing for divorce if I don't get an answer before the turkey is burnt or we all get poisoned.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport