BT VOICE TEXT MESSAGING WARNING!!!!

2»

Comments

• Outpost
    Outpost Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    AgiB wrote: »
    I don't even know why they have this service at all without opting in? I should be able to choose first whether I want this or not? I did not know this existed until I begun receiving stupidities in the line of "Hi Bambi, I am waiting for the gas man to come round and I am bored. It will be great to get together..." clearly not destined for me!!! I am furious! I tried to stop them, hopefully this will work. BT Asian helpline service were very unhelpful, guys said I have to go to menu etc. assuming I had a BT handset. I don't. The 0800 587 5252 worked but not the way the unhelpline staff from Asia suggested, ie. 1 star star 1 5. That only made things worse. My adrenalin levels are quite nicely up now thanks very much BT!!! I had nothing else to do today, how did they guess???
    I also begun to receive txting service messages from another number and I have seen that one coming up on other forums as well, 07953966066. That is also a nonsense, and I gather very expensive scam service so beware!!! How come the two suddenly came in few days succession to my landline? Coincidence or my number was up, so to speak!
    Asia?

Putting aside the low-key racism, it may interest you to know that Asia is a continent encompassing 48 counties and ishome to around 60% of the world's population, so you may want to be a little more specific in future.
    :cool:
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Just for what it's worth, you do realise this thread is about 7 years old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure