PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How could i/is it possible to keep jacket potatoes warm for a few hours?

2»

Comments

• cornishlady
    cornishlady Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    M.E. wrote: »
    Several years ago we did the same as you.
    Home-cooked jacket potatoes, individually wrapped in foil straight from the oven.
    We used a cool box (actually 3 as we had 100 potatoes!)
    A cool bag would also work, especially if lined with clean towels for further insulation.
    The potatoes were put into the cool boxes at 5.30pm and we had our potatoes with serve yourself fillings (in slow cookers) at 8.30pm -9.00pm.
    They were absolutely fine, still warm/hot.

A cardboard/plastic box filled with clean towels (which could be pre-warmed in a tumble dryer) would also work.

i think this would be one of the best ways maybe put a hotwater bottle wrapped in a towel in the coolbox remember the potatoes will insulate each other in the box hth
  • paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Could you take a microwave along so that they can be zapped for a minute to make them piping hot? If you wrap them together and fill up a cool box (would think this would be better than a cool bag) I would imagine they would stay reasonably warm and just need a very quick reheat.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Plenty of good ideas. Just in case, jackets freeze beautifully.
  • Hellyboo
    Hellyboo Posts: 595 Forumite
    I think in a bain marie type thing they'd go a bit sweaty maybe? Taking a microwave is a good idea - I used to work in a bistro and we'd batch cook our jackets then zap them - you still get a crispy skin and no-one knew the difference! If not, any insulated box/bag with the pots wrapped in foil will at least keep them warm I would have thought. HTH
    So, there are these boys,
    They kinda stole my heart,
    They call me Mummy

WW 37lb (2 STONE 9lbs! :j ) lost since July, 11tybillion to go...
  • cazian14
    cazian14 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Thanks for all the posts guys, well the party is on saturday and im gonna do the cool bag/foil too see if it works,if not ill bring them backhome and freeze them! ill let you all know how it went :)
    :j cazian :j

If i was useful please press thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family