Contract Phones for a 16-17 year old?

Options
2»

Comments

• JSF
    JSF Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Bluezone - thanks - this sounds like a really good idea - I didnt think you can set a limit is this just with some networks, what are they and do u just ring them up.

The only worry I got is if they turned around and said they didnt agree to it, will they put something in writing do you think? This phone just seems to be on some networks.
    :j
  • bluezone
    Options
    I took the contract out with Carphone warehouse and they are very good. I rang them up to start the contract and set the limit there and then. I explained I was taking on the contract for a young friend, this was fine. The whole thing is in my name and the bill obviously comes to me and I let him know the total as soon as it comes in andhe pays me that week. Should he reach the limit then the phone cuts off and he lets me know whether to up the limit or not, if not then he has to wait until the following month when his minutes start over.
    I have had the contract for a year now and its working out fine. I took the contract out with vodafone.
    😁
  • elljay20
    elljay20 Posts: 5,200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The best idea is the u-fix. It's a contract that won't let you run up a bill, if they messed up and you did run up a bill they would be liable as the agreement is that you can't run over without topping up. All the other bars set by networks are at their discretion so you would still have to pay the bill if the bar was removed.
    :p It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • jimmyjim_uk
    Options
    Just as well you get these limits set by the network. But will it stop subscription services by text such as ringtones?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure