UK Assistance - Anyone used them?

Comments

• My car was involved in a hit and run.The driver was caught and my car went to UK Assistance for repairs.They returned my car with the wheel still buckled.Its still at the repair centre and I have had no phone calls nothing from them.
    I personally dont rate them or Direct Line after was has happened.
  • When it comes to car insurance repair work uk assistance are shocking. They did such a poor job on my car, which with any other insurer would've been a write off. I was amazed at the blas! attitude of uk assistance the work was poor and communication worse. I then found out that uk assistance can afford to adopt this attitude as they were completing work on behalf Churchill , both of these companies being owned by RBS. Such a shame that churchill was taken over by RBS as there customer service has been impeccable. Now though they'll lose a customer in me.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    RBS own a lot of the body shops they use as well...
  • I had accident (hit by 3rd party) on Friday night reported it Saturday to Privilidge (insurer).

Monday morning had UK assistance calling me to repair car. By getting it recommended by insurance company the job would be spot on. How I was totally wrong car went back 3 times!! Still not fixed.

Do not use them!
  • jimfsnow
    jimfsnow Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 November 2009 at 10:12AM
    I was burgled, UK assistance actually gave a valuation on jewellery higher than my own jeweller! But... offer is either a voucher with restricted jewellers, or a cash offer with 25% deducted. Both are in flagrant breach of ombudsman's decisions, so that's the next step
  • dacouch
    Forumite
    As you know the Ombudsmans rulings / guidance on the matter you should try ringing and speaking POLITELY to a superviser, refer them to the Ombudsmans view and ask them to reconsider. If this does not work send an "Official Complaint" and refer to this link.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/10/oct-repair-replace-cash.htm
  • A friend is just experiencing problems with UK Assistance/PIA Support re a household claim he has made.

Without giving too much details, he provided 2 estimates both around the £10k mark and, eventually, DL said that the claim had been passed to this subsidiary to progress.

Well, the current state is that this subsidiary has sent my friend a scope of works, detailing the all the works to be done and pricing the whole job at less than £3k !!!

If my friend does not accept this and proceed using UK Assistance, then all he will receive from DL is the less than £3k amount .. meaning that he would have to find the best part of £7k to get the work done by a supplier of his choice.

The quote/valuation of the total works is obviously not a commercial price and is intended to force claimants to use DL's subsidiary.

The question is though .. is this legal ?

I've shown the estimates to a quantity surveyor who agrees with my view that the valuation by UK Assistance is not commercially viable.

Having had no experience of UK Assistance/PIA Support, are they a bunch of cowboys or is the valuation of the repairs sharp practice/scam to force claimants to use DLs subsidiaries ?

And, any views as to how to proceed ? Obviously, if others have had experience (good or otherwise) of this subsidiary then comments will be welcome.

I just wonder if the ombudsman has made previous rulings on this type of practice, bearing in mind it makes it impossible for the claimant to use their own supplier.

Thanks.

Dave.
  • My can was involved in an accident back in April ( no fault of my own) and I was told by Tesco insurance to take my car to UK Assistance in Longwell green Bristol.

It had taken them over a week to replace a bumper and respray the back quater panel. when I received the car back, UK Assistance had sprayed the whole side of the car, masked the back window off (instead of taking it out) so leaving a lip of paint, the paint work was DULL and they still managed to miss part of the damage!!

after I picked the car up again! this time they have managed to rip the inside cover near the back window. ( can they not do anything right?!?!?!) I told them that this needed to be replaced!

so I picked the car up for the 3rd time only this time to notice that they had ripped the lining of the roof and the paint work was a different colour!!

on thier "objectives wall" they quote "Put the customer at the heart of everything you do"

DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!:(
  • sistaffs
    sistaffs Posts: 14 Forumite
    My car is due back on Monday from UK assistance through direct line following an accident.
    If the repair ie. colour match etc isnt spot on where do I stand with accepting the vehicle back. They are delivering it on a transporter to my house.
    If there are any problems can I refuse to take delivery?
  • dacouch
    Forumite
    When they ask you to sign for it, clearly note that you are not happy with whatever the issues are before you sign it,then take it up with the Insurer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure