paypal help

Hi I need help with a paypal problem long story short i paid for an item through paypal and the item never arrived dispite assurances from the seller that it would be sent after a couple of weeks of waiting i put a dispute in through paypal which was then changed to a claim paypal had no response from seller so decided in my favour and i got an email from paypal on the 3rd sept to say they had managed to get the full amount from the seller and my account would be credited within 5 days great i thought but now today the 4th sept i receive an email from paypal saying my refund has not gone through as it failed from the sellers account and for me to contact the seller to sort this:eek: obviously im shocked surely the should not have told me they had secured the full refund amount if they had not and what use is it me contacting the seller they they do not reply this wasn't an ebay item. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:(

Comments

• Only thing you can really do is phone Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab
  • supermum4
    supermum4 Posts: 1,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Only thing you can really do is phone Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab
    Hi i've rang paypal but they have been no help been told that they only have the info that the refund is being processed back to my credit card and that it can take upto 5 working days to show in my account i tried to explain that i've just received an email from them telling me the refund hasn't gone through as its been declined from sellers bank account but he says he doesn't know anything about that:eek: oh god it's a lot of money to me i can see yet more sleepless nights ahead:( thanks for your reply
  • How much is it for?

How did you pay, ie instant bank payment, credit card?

How many days ago did you originally pay?

Go to your paypal account on the home screen click the link that says "view all my transactions" do you see a "refund from" line? If so click the details link, does it say the refund has been sent to your card or bank account?
    "You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • Hopefully, its just a computer generated email and it will still go through. Only thing I can think of, is that this is going to leave their account in a negative balance. As its not on eBay I'm not sure what messages you may get.

Get back on to Paypal in a few days and make sure they are still telling you the same thing.

Could be worth calling your card company to see if they can see a refund being processed. Although it maybe a bit to early for them to tell that.
  • supermum4
    Forumite
    edited 4 September 2012 at 4:04PM
    How much is it for?

How did you pay, ie instant bank payment, credit card?

How many days ago did you originally pay?

Go to your paypal account on the home screen click the link that says "view all my transactions" do you see a "refund from" line? If so click the details link, does it say the refund has been sent to your card or bank account?

Hi it was for £355.00 and i paid by credit card i paid on the 9th august when i click on my transactions it say refund has been sent to my card but will take 5 days:( oh i hope it all goes through ok but i have an awful feeling things are going to go wrong:( if everythings ok i just don't understand why i've been sent this email

The refund sent by xxxxx xxxx ([EMAIL="oakleyxxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk"]oakleyxxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk[/EMAIL]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.
  • supermum4
    Forumite
    Hi just a heads up about my paypal problem, my credit card is showing the refund today :) so hopefully paypal can't take it back:( might sleep tonight
  • Hello :)

If it still says in the transaction list that it has been refunded to your credit card then I would hang fire for a couple of days, if it does not hit your credit card then I would phone Paypal and tell them they are not really leaving you with any option other than to ask your credit your credit card company to charge back the transaction, this may encourage them to get the matter sorted out, if not will need to call your credit card company explain the situation and ask them to perform a charge back for the transaction, Paypal will not be to pleased but it is sure better than being £355 out of pocket and they have not really left you with any other option.

HTH and don't worry either way you will not end up out of pocket ;)
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • supermum4 wrote: »
    Hi just a heads up about my paypal problem, my credit card is showing the refund today :) so hopefully paypal can't take it back:( might sleep tonight

Good news :)
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • the exact same incident has happened to me. I paid for an iphone 5 outside of ebay as the seller told me he would accept an offer of £490. I pad for the item instantly on saturday and he said he post out monday. however when it got to monday he didn't respond till later and said the transaction was under review which was total !!!!!!!!. I should have suspected him then. I phoned up pay pal that night and they told me the transaction had gone through to him and I had paid.

I sent the seller another email telling them if pay pal had released funds to them and they said all was fine now and they would send out the phone first thing in the morning.

I emailed them the next afternoon asking if they had sent out the phone and if they had a tracking email, guess what no response at all. I sent them several emails after asking the same thing but no response.

I waitied till the next couple of days and on the wednesday I phoned up pay pal opening up a claim from him as I have not received the item from him yet. It's now thursday but still no response at all from the seller.

pay pal sent me an email telling me the case will be reviewed in 10 days.

my concerns are that the seller has probably deleted their pay pal account and withdrawn the money to a bank account. If this is the case how will I get my money.

Is it possible pay pal refund the money?

I'm thinking about phoning them up to tommorow and telling them my concerns to see if they can refund me now.

I'm so worried about this. Not been sleeping at all this week. i don't work and £490 is a hell of a lot of money to me. If I lost the money I don't think I would get over this. I'm so worried.

Could anyone put my mind at ease.

thanks for reading.

Neil.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If Paypal rules in your favour but seller closes his\her paypal or bank account, Paypal will still refund you. Only they will then pursuit the seller to get their money back.

Its safe to go to bed and relax. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories