Cerazette problems

Hello, hope this is the right place to post!
Im looking for anyone who has taken Cerazette. Have you had any problems with it?
Im into my 5th month of taking it and I dont think it is really working for me.
I had no period for the first 2 months and then in the 3rd I got one. Last month I got it a few days earlier than expected and it hasnt stopped since. Monday will be 1 full month of bleeding. I did ask the nurse about it as I didnt think its agreeing with me but she said to "try it a little longer and its ok to bleed all the time its just an annoyance", at this point I had been bleeding for about 16 days. My skin is also a mess, I never used to have spots yet get quite a lot of them at once these days.
Im thinking of going to see my doctor tomorrow as I just cant do this anymore, its making me moody and Im just sick of the constant bleeding! I just want it to stop!
Maybe it never will. :eek: It scares me to as I think its not right and something must be wrong! Im also taking iron tablets for aneamia so surely this cant be good?
Does anyone have any advice they can offer? Should I persevere(sp?) and wait longer or should I see the doctor?
Thankyou in advance
Weight loss November 09-January 10: [STRIKE]13lbs[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]20lbs[/STRIKE] 27lbs! :j

Comments

• cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    I was the same - constant bleeding and teenage skin (in my forties!) . I lasted six months and gave up. If you're worried see a doctor but it might just not agree with you.

(I did find the Family Planning Clinic much more knowledgeable about suitability and side effects than my GP and practice nurse)
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    dreadful stuff. made me even more grumpy than i already was.
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • what a pity it doesn't agree with you, I was on it for years and had no periods for the most part. I really suited me, far more than any I've taken in the past. That said, I also fell pregnant while I was on it after taking it religiously for 5 years so make what you will of that!

I think you should probably request a pill review and make sure your GP knows how uncomfortable you are about continuing it.
  • broughy
    broughy Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    To be honest from what I've read, it seems like cerazette is like marmite - you either love it or hate it! For me, its perfect, no problems what so ever, but for every person that seems to love it, there's another who has nothing but hassle. If you've tried it and its not for you, I'd say go back and find something which suits you better!
  • I had it and it was awful....ok it stopped my periods, but I had a banging headache near enough all the time, bad skin...and really bad bloating...
    Tried nearly every pill possible and the injection. Now on the implant and much better.
    ;)I am not a complete idiot - some parts are missing;)

• honeyD
    honeyD Posts: 855 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies.
    I used to be on Microgynon but it made me gain a lot of weight and I couldnt lose a single pound! Because of my weight they wanted me to move onto a different pill so the nurse gave me Cerazette. I have to say it was great in the first 2 months lol but since then its gone downhill and I really dont want to take it anymore. Ive even spoken to my Husband about using other methods of contraception but he isnt keen so I guess I will see what else they have to offer.
    Weight loss November 09-January 10: [STRIKE]13lbs[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]20lbs[/STRIKE] 27lbs! :j
  • carolinosourus
    carolinosourus Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 December 2009 at 8:40PM
    I was on cerazette for a few years and I didn't find any problems with it, apart from a huge increase in appetite which seemed uncontrollable, but I now have a contraceptive implant and it seems to have increased my appetite too! Though if you're really not happy with it then get them to change it. I know they don't usually prescribe cerazette, is there a particular medical condition you suffer from? The reason they didn't give me the regular pill is because my grandfather has had a DVT, so they prescribed me the mini-pill.
    :D**Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and advice!**:D
    MSEers are often quicker than google

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - G. Orwell
  • honeyD
    honeyD Posts: 855 Forumite
    I was on cerazette for a few years and I didn't find any problems with it, apart from a huge increase in appetite which seemed uncontrollable, but I now have a contraceptive implant and it seems to have increased my appetite too! Though if you're really not happy with it then get them to change it. I know they don't usually prescribe cerazette, is there a particular medical condition you suffer from? The reason they didn't give me the regular pill is because my grandfather has had a DVT, so they prescribed me the mini-pill.

No nothing that I can think would make a difference. My Gran had DVT too but I dont think that was the reason. The nurse was just worried because of my weight as I had gained a few stones since going on it, but I had been on it since 2005 and gradually gained and gained from there. Definitely going to go see what other thing I can have instead. I really dont want one that will increase my appetite lol Im trying so hard to lose weight and loving that I finally am and seeing the change makes me feel great. :o
  • Lol I stopped taking it when I split with my ex and a combination of the stress and not taking my pills meant I lost loads of weight. Then put it all back on when I got my implant and started seeing my current partner...
    :D**Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and advice!**:D
    MSEers are often quicker than google

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - G. Orwell
  • It took me a couple of years on it to settle down, but it's worked for me far better than any other I've been on, and for the most part no bleeding at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure