Cheapest 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' for Xbox360/PS3

Comments

• if you open an account with very.co.uk they give you £15.00 off
    which made black ops £30 plus £3.95 p & P
    pre ordered and it arrived on release date:j
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ccblinds wrote: »
    if you open an account with very.co.uk they give you £15.00 off
    which made black ops £30 plus £3.95 p & P
    pre ordered and it arrived on release date:j

catalogue codes you should be very careful with, anyone who has been here some time will tell you the pitfalls - I have not looked into the code you have used but noticed when a thread was started about buying from catalogues it got moved to another section and the voucher code in the discount board got locked. If this is going out in the newsletter I don't think it's as easy as saying get it from X with a code. I am a big bargain shopper and have never used a catalogue code to get a bargain. The code you used may be fine but please anyone else really look into this as these companies have come back to people later looking for the extra money.
  • The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    trets77 wrote: »
    my advice is to wait . this game isn't a patch on Modern Warfare 2 (multi player ) IMO .

when more people find this out they will flood Ebay with copies . my copy went on four hours after buying . i'm not bothering to waste time investing in a inferior multi player game , when Modern Warfare 2 still cuts the mustard .

it has some very good ideas , in Wager matches , customisation and currency and there are loads of weapons . BUT the Maps are poor , the graphics are no where near the standard of MW2 , the guns don't feel right , grenades pop rather than boom , sniper rifles are like pea shooters and the overall multiplayer game play feels like a cheap sequel .

it's a bit like the movie Back to the future 2 . alright and adequate as a stand alone , but not a patch on the master piece that was before it .

Infinity Ward will hopefully come back and make Modern Warfare 3 in 12 months . in the mean time i'm off back to MW2

Thanks for this.
    DS wants to buy Black ops..... because it is the newest release.
    In past he has said he wasn't going to bother getting newest releases..... but then on the release date when everyone else at school is talking about their new game, he suddenly must buy it.
    So we miss out on any pre-release offers/deals, and we pay full whack for a game which isn't that good.

But next time there is a new game he has to have it again !!!:cool:
    I will get him to read your post, but chances are he will still want it.:(
  • I dont think the Tesco deal is available in every Tesco store is it? I was going to buy the xbox live 3 months to get it cheaper but dont think they are doing it in my local Tesco
  • If you trade in Medal of Honor (both limited edition and normal) at HMV you get COD for £7.99.

Well worth it as it's only worth £20 on ebay.

Peter
  • Mic2904
    Mic2904 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 November 2010 at 11:39AM
    trets77 wrote: »
    my advice is to wait . this game isn't a patch on Modern Warfare 2 (multi player ) IMO .

when more people find this out they will flood Ebay with copies . my copy went on four hours after buying . i'm not bothering to waste time investing in a inferior multi player game , when Modern Warfare 2 still cuts the mustard .

it has some very good ideas , in Wager matches , customisation and currency and there are loads of weapons . BUT the Maps are poor , the graphics are no where near the standard of MW2 , the guns don't feel right , grenades pop rather than boom , sniper rifles are like pea shooters and the overall multiplayer game play feels like a cheap sequel .

it's a bit like the movie Back to the future 2 . alright and adequate as a stand alone , but not a patch on the master piece that was before it .

Infinity Ward will hopefully come back and make Modern Warfare 3 in 12 months . in the mean time i'm off back to MW2

I am not sure, which game you are actually playing.

This is by far, I mean by far the best online gaming expirience I have ever had!

Graphics ok, fair enough they seem to be not as nice a some MW2 graphics, but everything else is top class. Dont forget that this game doesnt play in the same timeframe as MW, which means weapons are not as good/precise as in MW.

The Maps are insane! Small maps, middle size and large maps, everything you like and there is a map, where you can witness a Rocket Launch (Launch) which makes your controller shake. Bloody brilliant!

Combat Training (play against bots in various Skill level), Theater Mode (you can watch your recent games and create videoclips etc, meant to work against cheaters), the sound is absolutly awesome on a turtleneck headset. The weapons are great so far. The In Game Money works good and makes it more interesting.

I am not sure about the gamercard, which you can create yourself, but that might be, as I dont have any clue about colouring/painting and stuff.

btw: As usual these games need to be played in Hardcore Mode. Core mode give you a greater Liveline when shot, in Hardcore you are more or less dead, when you got it max 2 bullets.

For me: Well worth a buy!
  • I should get mine delivered today - hopefully!!!

I'm guessing some people like me went straight for Zombie mode.

What is it like? How many levels are there? Do they include the original 4 aswell?

• pokerpad wrote: »
    I should get mine delivered today - hopefully!!!

I'm guessing some people like me went straight for Zombie mode.

What is it like? How many levels are there? Do they include the original 4 aswell?

Zombies stinks of rip off this year..... Only one map unless you paid £20 extra for the Hardened Edition.

It's still pretty good though.

(Looking a few posts upwards it seems Infinity Ward have invaded MSE too!) :rotfl:
  • bennett2kuk
    bennett2kuk Posts: 93 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2010 at 1:13PM
    Zombie mode is an added extra just like it was in W@W. The money you pay really pays for the Single player and proper multiplayer modes. Playing these gets you incredible value for oney. Most games have about a 6 hour lifespan but COD is so addictive.

I bought mine for £36 odd in Asda, those who may be waiting for the prices to drop will be disappointed as the old Modern Warfare and MW 2 remain highly priced (and deservedly so) to this day.

Personally I prefer the feel of MW2 to this effort, not to say I don't really enjoy Black Ops, it's actually the first Treyarch game I haven't hated. And MW2 has been done to death now so this feels nice and new and fresh.

And for the record Back to the Future is hardly a "masterpiece". Grow up.
  • soop2
    soop2 Posts: 204 Forumite
    And for the record Back to the Future is hardly a "masterpiece". Grow up.

In your opinion. I love that film.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport