Cheapest 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' for Xbox360/PS3

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 11 November 2010 at 6:00PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif What's this about?[/title]
Updated 9 November 2010

The newly released Call of Duty: Black Ops is being sold for around £45-50 by some major retailers. Yet it’s possible to cut this price down to £28, if you know where to look.

However, it's likely that if you're prepared to wait a couple of weeks, the cheapest prices will start to plummet further now. If you absolutely MUST HAVE it now,this is a rundown of all the current top deals in-store and online (all prices for both Xbox360 & PS3).

Do bear in mind this is a violent, 18 certificate game, so is suitable as a Christmas present for adults, not a stocking filler for kids!

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Cheapest In-Store
[/title]
  • £28 at Sainsbury's when you SPEND £30. Until midnight Sun 14 Nov, Sainsbury’s is selling it for £27.97 (to be precise) when you spend another £30 or more in store on the same visit.
  • £37 at Asda. Asda has the game in stores for £36.97.
  • £25 in Tesco, with a £20ish add-ons. Until midnight Sun 14 Nov, Tesco is offering Black Ops for £25, when you buy add-ons with it - either

- 2100 XBox Live Points Card (£17.50)
    - 3 month Xbox Live Gold Membership (£17.50)
    - or a PS3 £20 PSN Card at the same time.

However it's likely you could get these extras for less elsewhere. Without the add-ons, Black-ops would cost £39.90.
  • £30 in Morrisons, with another chart game. Until Sun 14 Nov, Morrisons is selling the game for £29.99, when you buy any other Xbox 360 or PS3 chart game at the same time. Otherwise the price is £39.99.
  • £20 at PC World/Dixons/Currys when you SPEND £50. PC World, Dixons and Currys are selling the game for £19.99, when you spend £50 or more in store at the same time. The £50 spend does not include the game purchase. If you're not spending over £50 the game is £39.99.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Cheapest Online
[/title]
  • £37 Zavvi Outlet on eBay. Zavvi is selling the Xbox 360 version for £36.89, with free postage. You have to pay via Paypal so only buy if you have an account. There are 3,000 available at this price and if they've not already been sold beforehand the offer will end on Wed 17 Nov.
  • £37 Amazon. Amazon* is selling the game for £36.97, with free postage.
  • £38 at Sainsbury's. Sainsbury's online is selling the game for £37.97 with free delivery.
  • £25 at Tesco, with £20ish a £17.50 points or membership card. Until midnight Sun 14 Nov, Tesco* is offering Black Ops for £25, when you buy add-ons with it - either

- 2100 XBox Live Points Card (£17.50)
    - 3 month Xbox Live Gold Membership (£17.50)
    - or a PS3 £20 PSN Card at the same time.

However it's likely you could get these extras for less elsewhere. Without the add-ons, Black-ops would cost £39.90.
  • £25 at Game and Gamestation as part of a bundle. Game and Gamestation are selling Black Ops for £24.99 but only if you buy it along with another game from:

Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2, Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemption, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, DJ Hero 2 and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

You'd pay £64.98 in total and delivery's free within the UK.
  • £20 at PC World/Dixons/Currys when you SPEND £50. PC World, Dixons and Currys are selling the game for £19.99, when you spend £50 or more in store at the same time. The £50 spend does not include the game purchase. If you're not spending over £50 the game is £39.99.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Trade-in Offers
[/title]

Trade-in offers are available for Black Ops but many of the games you need to trade in are so new you'll probably have paid a fair whack for them only recently.
  • 99p in Blockbuster stores. Trade in two games from the list below and you can get it on XBox 360 or PS3 for 99p.
    • PS3: Star Wars The Force Unleashed II, MMA and F1 2010
    • XBox 360: Medal of Honor Limited Edition, Fable III and Fallout New Vegas.
  • £5 in Asda stores. Use Asda's 'Buy, Play, Trade' service to trade in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Fallout New Vegas, or Fable III and you can pick up Black Ops for £4.97.
  • £10 in Bestbuy.co.uk stores. If you've a copy of F1 or Dead Rising 2 you no longer want take them in to your nearest store and you can pick up Black Ops for £9.99. Bestbuy has six stores; Liverpool, Croydon, Thurrock, Derby, Southampton and Birmingham Merry Hill. To find the stores use the Bestbuy store finder.

[signupbox]test[/signupbox]

[thanks]Thanks to all MoneySavers who've posted their top spots, we've started this new discussion thread to discuss these deals[/thanks]

* Using these links helps the site stay ad-free and free to use, as they’re ‘affiliated links’ which invisibly take you via price comparison services like Moneysupermarket or affiliate sites, this then means if you end up getting a product this site gets revenue

You shouldn’t notice any difference, the links don’t impact the product at all and the editorial line (the things we write) is NEVER impacted by the revenue. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link for the best product, its still listed in the same way. The following links amazon.co.uk, tesco.com are identical unaffiliated links provided for the sake of transparency. Click on the following link for more details on how this site's financed.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Just back from Asda, traded in Fifa 11 and got Black Ops for only £8.97. Any new game that you want to trade in is getting a good price, and Black Ops is only £37 -if you have recently bought a game that you dont like is a good idea to trade it in at Asda and you should get a decent price for it. Other shops which are offering trade in deals have a small list of titles that they will accept, as far as I know there are no restrictions at Asda. EA sports who make Fifa have included a one-use only password for online gaming - for this reason I didnt think I'd be able to trade in/sell off Fifa so am very pleased. Bought it for boyfriend last month and he hates it - he traded in other games and got Pro Evo instead which he says is much better.
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Anyone know what the trade in value at Asda is for Halo Reach please?
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • I phoned to ask re Fifa and was told they have to scan it instore to give you the trade in price, but that all new games are getting around £30. I got £28 for Fifa 11.
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the trade in value at Asda is for Halo Reach please?

Its £21 for the 360 game.
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • squinty
    squinty Posts: 573 Forumite
    Bought from Best Buy online for £29.99 (xbox and PS3 versions - PC is more expensive). Don't forget 4% cashback through Quidco which if my maths are right makes £28.80.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 November 2010 at 10:09PM
    my advice is to wait . this game isn't a patch on Modern Warfare 2 (multi player ) IMO .

when more people find this out they will flood Ebay with copies . my copy went on four hours after buying . i'm not bothering to waste time investing in a inferior multi player game , when Modern Warfare 2 still cuts the mustard .

it has some very good ideas , in Wager matches , customisation and currency and there are loads of weapons . BUT the Maps are poor , the graphics are no where near the standard of MW2 , the guns don't feel right , grenades pop rather than boom , sniper rifles are like pea shooters and the overall multiplayer game play feels like a cheap sequel .

it's a bit like the movie Back to the future 2 . alright and adequate as a stand alone , but not a patch on the master piece that was before it .

Infinity Ward will hopefully come back and make Modern Warfare 3 in 12 months . in the mean time i'm off back to MW2
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • squinty wrote: »
    Bought from Best Buy online for £29.99 (xbox and PS3 versions - PC is more expensive). Don't forget 4% cashback through Quidco which if my maths are right makes £28.80.

Hi squinty,

We haven't included Bestbuy online's offer in the first post as it sold out earlier today - it was for the first 1,000 customers only unfortunately.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • squinty wrote: »

Was that first thing this morning ?, as it has been showing sold out since i believe they only had 1000 copies.
  • aaranj
    aaranj Posts: 262 Forumite
    If you manage to get to a Best Buy store before they close tonight (I think they close at 10pm), you can pick up a copy for £29.99 with NO minimum spend.
    Mega Doctor Who, Gadget and MSE Fan!
    If you found my post helpful then please click "Thanks"
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    stopped by the thurrock branch and got my copy, was talking to one of the lads and he reckons thta online for £29.99 will happen again so may keep checking each day, apparently they run the same offer as preorder for 1000 copies aswell so might be worth holding out if you cant be bothered driving around....
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure