Silverstone Grand Prix Tickets EArly Bird Discount

Comments

• Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Don't forget that the race is on the same date as the World Cup final!
  • bigblackdog
    bigblackdog Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Totality wrote: »
    Don't forget that the race is on the same date as the World Cup final!

doubt you could fly to africa and get tickets to the final for £117 lol

if i hadnt cut up my credit cards i'd be booking this , will be a sell out for definate
    my favourite food is spare ribs
  • Without sounding like a complete girlie - can you tell me if the club silverstone is worth the money. Am hoping to get a ticket for hubby and son (next years birthday pressies) and not sure which ticket to go for.......??
  • Without sounding like a complete girlie - can you tell me if the club silverstone is worth the money. Am hoping to get a ticket for hubby and son (next years birthday pressies) and not sure which ticket to go for.......??

I have been to the British Grand Prix and in my opinion club silverstone isnt worth it, you dont get to see as much of the action- the plus point is you get wined and dined and if its a bad day weather wise you dont end up knee high!
    We had a 3 day ticket and the Sunday part was for Luffield. My boyf wanted this stand because you do get to see the cars more on race day because they are slower corners. But, we have both agreed if we do go again we would buy tickets for the pit straight. You get to see all the pre race build up and the pit stops plus the cermony at the end. We sat in the pit straight for qualifying on the Saturday and the atmosphere is fantastic and with good eye sight we could see the drivers. I hope this helps a little.
    A must though is to purchase the portable tv called kangaroo tv ( you can get it whilst your there and it cost us about £50 for 3 days). Its fantastic because you can get all the onboard action etc.
    Hope this helps from one girly to another!
  • sc0ttyb0y
    sc0ttyb0y Posts: 136 Forumite
    Anyone recomend anywhere to stay apart from from the usual travelodges etc ?
    Gotta love a good bargain !
  • johnswife
    johnswife Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I booked club silverstone for my OH 50th birthday and we had a great time. i wasn't sure if i would like it but i did. i booked it quite early and it was very difficult to get accommodation at not extortionate prices.
    Actually ended up in the marriot at northampton with a free evening meal on first night. Travelling was fine and you had the seperate car park for Club tickets.
    Necklace, £500, Marquee, Tickets Home Improv show, Patternity Tights.tickets to Cruise Show,kindle cover, 2 tickets Brisfest. Tin of personalised chocolates.Hawking DVD, McCain voucher, clay modelling set,Chocolate, Book,Raleigh 125th Book.
    tickets to Gadget show, Hotel Spa break for 2 + £300
  • sc0ttyb0y wrote: »
    Anyone recomend anywhere to stay apart from from the usual travelodges etc ?

I found a great hotel on late rooms called heart of england (yes even for july 2010) for £90 b+B for 2 ad 2 ch-just put in Towcester intot the search bar on there and 3 come up avail (hol inn is £200 per night!!)
  • After having last been in 2001, I'm very tempted by this. Does anyone have any experience of camping at, or near, the circuit? Is the 'official' Silverstone camp site on the website the OP posted a better bet than the ones outside the perimeter?
  • Hi, I wnt to the Renult World Series in July 09 and camped at Silverstone Camping which is direct opposite the circuit so I guess this is the one on offer with the deal. Basically a field with toilets but atmosphere is excellent !!!!!! and only 2 mins walk from circuit. What more wuld you need....ha ha:beer:
  • biglugs
    biglugs Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Blinking Flip!! 2 years ago the 3 day ticket was £99. Now it's £130, with an "Early Bird" discount making it just £18 more than before.
    Looks like they're using Jenson and Lewis to screw more money out of us to pay for Bernie's latest girlfriend.

Best place to stay would be Oxford/Bicester area if you're coming up from the South. On race day you can get there early (say 6am) and go through Maids Moreton (near Buckingham) and park in the Whittlebury Hall hotel car park.
    http://www.whittleburyhall.co.uk/
    You get in there with no traffic problems at all. This usually costs something like £20 or £30 (suggest you book in advance) but you have a short walk across fields to the entrance by the 1st bend. When the race is over you can be back in your car and away within 10 minutes, and get back on the M40 at Bicester or the M1 at Milton Keynes within about 30 minutes.
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure