Cheap Granite Worktops

123457»

Comments

• Alan_M_2
    Alan_M_2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Quite honestly, outsourcing is pretty standard in this industry, it's effectively what Diapol do, have UK based fitters - outsource production to a factory in Estonia , send it over and install.

Roktops outsource to a UK producer, collect and install.

Bespoke are the only one on your list that do everything start to finish in thier own premises.

Do make sure you are comparing like with like on the material as well, Quartz varies in price quite dramatically. If you've chosen a particualr brand, make sure that is what is being quoted for.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,805 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 June 2011 at 10:08AM
    Shaanbles wrote: »
    Have been talking with Roktops, Bespoke Surfaces and Diapol and have no idea who to go with! Diapol are much better on price but I'm nervous that I'll get the measurements wrong and then it'll be double the price when they come round!

If that is your only concern with them, I wouldn't worry. They will come and measure the space as soon as you have the units in place. They are that efficient, they're likely to turn up within hours of you calling them, but they come out in the evenings as well I think so you can book for them to come and measure as the chippie walks out of the door. It's their own responsibility to get the measurements correct and you don't pay until it's installed.

If you get the timing right, you can have the worktops installed within a week of measuring (I think they order on a Monday evening each week). If you're desperate for worksurface in the meantime then £50 or even less than that for a temporary laminate top, but I'd be happy to wait to ensure exactly the right fit.

It's nice to know I've been useful re: sink; thanks for the thanks!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Shaanbles
    Shaanbles Posts: 228 Forumite
    You're welcome to the thanks - I've read a lot of posts on here regarding kitchens and feel much more informed :)

Now to decide on starlight quartz or white quartz - hopefully when I see a sample I'll know straightaway!

Got a deal on a cooker hood today; went to look at the model I wanted in a local kitchen place (did originally get a quote for kitchen but was £15K without appliances and worktops!) and they are getting rid of it so I'm having it!

Also saw some acrylic splashbacks which looked good and are only a fifth of the cost of glass - must research more! After I've finished researching Caple for microwaves!!
  • Shaanbles
    Shaanbles Posts: 228 Forumite
    So I thought I'd let you all know that I have just ordered the kitchen - black gloss and a couple of white gloss unit - from DIY-kitchens; will be here within two weeks.

Will keep you posted on progress; rest of the house is coming along, but only because I'm having to project manage which is frustrating as I'm paying a loss assessor, surveyor and a main contractor, but I'm come to the conclusion that it's the only way things will get done! If I feel inclined I might take it up with the Insurance ombudsman after I'm back in - it is now almost 7 months since the burst pipe!!
  • There is a company we used although it was for quartz but they also do granite called stone valley worksurfaces. They came out and did a template and came back after 5 working days and fitted the top. The price was very competative and the work was brilliant.
  • docdan
    docdan Posts: 12 Forumite
    try online granite worktops for a price for the star/black galaxy worktops 3 lengths upto 2.8m each in length from £1550 fitted
  • Whatever you do DONT use Sheridans. I have had the most diabolical service. They are beyond incompetent. First they arrived and couldnt bring the granite inside. I had to get two extra people to assist. Then once in, they realised that they had cut the incorrect holes for my sink. They needed to bring me a new sink. A month later they arrived with new slabs!! No sink. This morning I expect them to arrive, now that i have helped them source a new sink to fit their wrong cutout. The guy arrives without the sink!!! Pathetic, incompetent. They were part of my kitchen purchase from Wickes in West Hampstead. DO NOT USE!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure