Unclaimed prize register

Options

Comments

• asherspashers
    Options
    lahli wrote: »
    What a coincidence! I've received a letter this week with the same allocation code. I thought there was a catch so am glad that I didn't even waste the price of 2 stamps. Also, I think once you respond to these letters, they will keep sending them to you.:j

I too have recieved a reminder letter from Unclaimed Prize Rollout, with exactly the same allocation code. So would have to unfortunately say this is a scam. I do feel for the unfortunates who do fall for these scams, and am disgusted that these nasty dishonest people cannot be stopped altogether!!
  • helencl
    Options
    Received another Final Reminder for allocation code 603498. Again I will write on letter "remove my name from data base' and return to sender with no stamps on. Maybe after a while they will get the hint.

Just a thought could it be that their computer allocating the numbers has frozen on the same number - I don't think I ring to check up though.
  • ozzy1875
    Options
    Just recieved a final reminder for the prize
    any surprise with the allocation number 603498.
    I called them on the number 01989769292,
    and a snobby women answered the phone, i said why am i pestered by these letters, and also made the comment of why do thousands of people have the same allocation number.
    I said this was a scam however she begged to differ claiming the company was government relegated i requested to be removed from the database and she did do that however she did seem reluctant,
    cannot wait to pester the stupid cow with bogus phone calls just to abuse the !!!!!.
    rant over :beer:
  • jilzdad
    Options
    Junior72 wrote: »
    I received one of these letters this morning. I am not best pleased to say the least as I'm registered with the Mailing Preference Service and never give out my address to companies, so I should very much like to know who has 'sold' them my details.

Here are their contact details:
    DM plc
    Green Heys
    Walford Road
    Ross-on-Wye
    Herefordshire
    HR9 5DB

Telephone:
    01989 769292
    Fax:
    01989 769054
    Email:
    [EMAIL="info@dmplc.com"]info@dmplc.com[/EMAIL]

I telephone and registered my strongly worded complaint to the annoying lady who said she was one of the directors. They deny doing anything wrong. I suggest we all phone them/email them and write to them to complain. I also want to know how they are still able to continue trading

I have received two of these letters. The first one went into the bin, but the "Final Reminder" came today, so I thought I would Google it and arrived here. I ran the postcode on the letter through Google Earth and arrived at the Royal Mail Delivery Office at Unit 4 on the Chase Industrial Estate off Alton Road, Ross on Wye.

I also tried the postcode on Junior 72's post and arrived in a GREEN HAY(Hey?)field beside the B4234(Walford Road) R on W. They really are taking the mickey
  • MadBaldGit
    Options
    This may get flamed or even me banned.

Iv'e had this crap before from companies, many of you will have seen similar crap before.

I deal with it this way, I get some A5 size envelopes and some sheets of old newspaper and a few small heavy'ish pieces of metal, small flat stones work as well, anything small that weighs enough.

First thing to get is a do it yourself ink stamp that your can put the individual name/address in etc. I got one for less than a £5. You can not only nake these letters look like they have come from them but you can change the stamp to put your own return address on letters you wish send normally to whoever.

1. Wrap the metal/weight in the newspaper and seal.
    2. Place in envelope.
    3. Use the stamp and put their return address on it on the back in the top right corner.
    4. NO STAMP or your return address, just drop it in a postbox.
    5. Send a few on irregular intervals.

I know from experience (and friends in the royal mail) that these letters do get there and they have to pay and do to collect them.

Some may argue it just makes them put their charges up and try to con more people for more cash, the choice is yours.

This is my view only and not intended to sway you to my way of thinking or action.
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too!

My letter had various addresses on and all were Ross-on-wye I think the green hay is actually

Green Heys, Walford Road, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 5DB

It comes up on google street view as a white house with blue garage, but it has that look as if no-one is living there, just a bit unkept...i'm pretty sure if they are making the amount of money it looks as though they are then they can probably afford something fancier. The map lists it as 'Strike Lucky Games' so they must be using the same address for mulitple companies.

Off to ring them and find out where they got my details and what the heck they think they are playing at!
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just rang them and it went like this

Them: Hello
    Me: Hello, is that the office of unclaimed prize rollout?
    Them:Yes it is
    Me: I have received a letter stating that i have won a prize from filling in an online survey, can you tell me which survey that is?
    Them: No
    Me: It says i have won a prize, and that i have a personal allocation code, can you tell me why the code is the same as other peoples if it is a 'personal' one?
    Them: Have you rung to get your claim number?
    Me:No i haven't, can you guarantee me that if i ring the number that the prize i get, if it were to be a digital camera, would be of higher value than the cost of claiming the prize, including the phone call, stamps and the charge of £6.50 for the electrical items?
    Them: Yes it would be
    Me: So it would be worth more than (£9+£6.50+2stamps) £16?
    Them:Yes,
    Me: Can you remove my persoanl details from your mailing list please?
    Them: why are you being so aggressive with me? It's none of your business if we remove your setails from our mailig list
    Me: (a little taken aback and confused) So you removing my personal details is none of my business? Them: Well if that's all you wanted why have you wasted my time, what details do you want removing?
    Me: (Gives details) Thank you, have a good day :)

So annoyed, surely if they are ginving out prizes for surveys completed they should know which survey it is that i have completed and should be able to tell me?

I'm off to get Dom!
  • Daze_2
    Daze_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I had one of these "Final Reminder" letters this morning too, but mine was addressed to "Mrs D Dildo". Not amused. Ok, I found it mildly amusing, but it's not appropriate.
  • Kezza77_2
    Options
    I have received a final letter from these guys this morning.
    After having read about them on here, I have just put a little "reply" together for them which I will post this afternoon.

The "reply" contains an A4 piece of paper with just an 0871 sex line number written on it, and lots of gold stars which fall out into the recipients lap.

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • abijanzo
    abijanzo Posts: 857 Forumite
    Options
    My husband got one today. Same 'personal' number.
    Was 99% sure it was a scam but thought I'd google the address and see what came up.
    I'm sceptical by nature so not easily caught out, but I know others who would ring that number in a shot.
    So unfair of them to hoodwink vulnerable people. Gits. I hope karma bites their asses big time! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure