20% off of Michelin tyres at Costco

Costco tyre prices are usually very good anyway but from 6th to 20th Nov they've taken 20% off of Michelin tyres. I'm a bit peeved as I had 4 Michelin's fitted there last week although the prices were significantly better than every other place I tried anyway.

I know there's strict rules about who can join Costco and there is a joining fee but my savings on tyres alone last week will cover the cost of my next 3 years membership :j

Comments

• rooo
    rooo Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You have to buy 4 tyres though.

How many cars need 4 new tyres at the same time?!

Last time I asked Costco, their Michelin tyres were more expensive than BlackCircles and eTyres and MyTyres.co.uk!
    So shop around first!
  • rooo wrote:
    You have to buy 4 tyres though.

How many cars need 4 new tyres at the same time?!

Last time I asked Costco, their Michelin tyres were more expensive than BlackCircles and eTyres and MyTyres.co.uk!
    So shop around first!

Mine did unfortunately. I spoke to a lady at Costco before I posted but unfortunately she didn't mention the 4 tyre rule. The Michelin Pilot Sports 2 I had fitted were £40 per tyre cheaper than eTyres so, as you say, shop around first.
  • owey
    owey Posts: 832 Forumite
    Even if you don't need the tyres yet, they will let you buy them and when you need them fitted take them back with your receipt and get them fitted, and as you have already paid they won't charge you anymore money.
  • rooo
    rooo Posts: 134 Forumite
    I've just rang Costco and they seem to be a bit cheaper now than when I asked a month ago - they were quoting me £125 each, but they are now £105 each so it is worth asking them again. They are now £13 cheaper than eTyres.

Its been years since I've had Michelins, are they still good for mileage?
  • webuserisme
    webuserisme Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was always under the impression that michelin tyres were designed for handling so therefore made from 'softer' compound consequently didn't last as long as most other makes? Or maybe I just dreamt all that! Years since I have been able to justify the purchase of such exotic tyres!! :D :
  • Geoggy
    Geoggy Posts: 494 Forumite
    this offer is only if you buy 4 tyres.
  • Howdie
    Howdie Posts: 275 Forumite
    Thanks for this, I had mine from the last promotion a couple of years ago from Costco-- 20% off and £100 cashback from Michelin--. 27000 miles and still a few thousand left on the treads of my tyres (I changed mine from the back to the front so that they wear out more evenly). I think I get these so I'll have them to put on in a couple of months time.
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    I was always under the impression that michelin tyres were designed for handling so therefore made from 'softer' compound consequently didn't last as long as most other makes? Or maybe I just dreamt all that! Years since I have been able to justify the purchase of such exotic tyres!! :D :
    Had Michelin on my car, done 32,000 miles and just about in need of 2 new tyres. Have had then swopped around for more even wear but will need other 2 replacing in a couple of months.
  • was at costco last week and was told the deal is only for taxi. Not sure if they told me the wrong thing but be sure to confirm this before going there and got yourself embarassed. I had to get new tyres and was dissapointed to hear it's for taxi ONLY.
  • Unfortunately Costco staff can tell lies.

I used to buy tyres from costco but when i changed to a diesel Focus i tried to buy tyres and they refused to sell them to me, saying i needed more expensive V speed rated tyres or my insurance would be invalid :rolleyes:

This is simply not true, the tyres i wanted to buy were H speed rated (130 mph) and they say i need V rated (149 mph)

A diesel Focus is limited to 115 mph :eek:

Obviously trying to get me to spend more money - so i now go elsewhere :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family