PPI and CitiFinancial Europe Plc

Dear all

I would be so grateful if somebody could please help me on this.

To cut a VERY long story short. I have received a letter from FOS saying that my PPI claim against CitiFinancial Europe Plc for a loan was successful and also saying that they should pay me £300 compensation, and interest, on top of what they owe for the mis-sold PPI. The case went all the way to an ombudsman and, now that I have signed to accept, it is "binding". You can imagine my joy and thoufghts of how I will spend the money over Christmas.

This was four weeks ago (the time Citi were given to reply) and I have heard nothing from them. Worse than that, FOS have made it clear that they are no longer involved and that I need to contact Citi directly to take this any further. That is bad enough but I cannot contact them because I cannot get a number (apart from the useless 08709086000 one based in India) and have found out today that the address that FOS have been using (Pride Park, Derby) is apparently wrong so it is unlikely that Citi have been getting any of the letters anyway.

Can anybody help me please? This is two years worth of writing and waiting and now looks like going down the pan. Should FOS still help me (bearing in mind that they do not even have an accuate address for Citi).

Any help most gratefuly appreciated

Eddie:confused:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    tiggrnads wrote: »
    Dear all

I would be so grateful if somebody could please help me on this.

To cut a VERY long story short. I have received a letter from FOS saying that my PPI claim against CitiFinancial Europe Plc for a loan was successful and also saying that they should pay me £300 compensation, and interest, on top of what they owe for the mis-sold PPI. The case went all the way to an ombudsman and, now that I have signed to accept, it is "binding". You can imagine my joy and thoufghts of how I will spend the money over Christmas.

This was four weeks ago (the time Citi were given to reply) and I have heard nothing from them. Worse than that, FOS have made it clear that they are no longer involved and that I need to contact Citi directly to take this any further. That is bad enough but I cannot contact them because I cannot get a number (apart from the useless 08709086000 one based in India) and have found out today that the address that FOS have been using (Pride Park, Derby) is apparently wrong so it is unlikely that Citi have been getting any of the letters anyway.

Can anybody help me please? This is two years worth of writing and waiting and now looks like going down the pan. Should FOS still help me (bearing in mind that they do not even have an accuate address for Citi).

Any help most gratefuly appreciated

Eddie:confused:

Hi Eddie, well done and Many Congratulations.:beer::T:beer:

I remember going through this myself where one of mine ended with the ombudsman, the final decision was in October 2007 and the company finally paid out in Jan 2008, however where the FOS state they cannot do anything about it, I think if you did contact them and ask them about this, they do tend to chase them up for you.

For being in the same position, I do think it will be the same for you.

However I am also aware going by a few posts that banks are stating they have no timescale on paying out, this I do think it very unfair, I would even if you have been told its all closed with the FOS, its not actually closed until you have received the payout.
    Give them a call and ask them on what timescale your looking at as you believe you have already waited long enough, they may say give them another few weeks, but I'm sure they will suggest something to you.

Fingers crossed, please let us know how you get on.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi dont know if this will help but i have a claim with them the address i have got is -
    Citifancial
    PO Box 49944
    London
    SE5 7YG
    I have also spoken to them on the phone which is 08001056609
    Have got email address also - [EMAIL="crt.pleaseassist@citigroup.com"]crt.pleaseassist@citigroup.com[/EMAIL]
    ;)
  • That's a great help, thankyou so much. Also spoke with FOS today and it seems that, despite letter they sent me, they will assist, to a degree.
  • Hi Woodymeg
    woodymeg wrote: »
    Hi dont know if this will help but i have a claim with them the address i have got is -
    Citifancial
    PO Box 49944
    London
    SE5 7YG
    I have also spoken to them on the phone which is 08001056609
    Have got email address also - [EMAIL="crt.pleaseassist@citigroup.com"]crt.pleaseassist@citigroup.com[/EMAIL]
    ;)

Could you please check you have given correct Tel No as I cannot get through on it. This would, however, be in line with every other way that I have tried to make contact. I have used E Mail address today though and this seemed to be delivered without a problem.

Thnaks

Eddie
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    Hi Woodymeg

Could you please check you have given correct Tel No as I cannot get through on it. This would, however, be in line with every other way that I have tried to make contact. I have used E Mail address today though and this seemed to be delivered without a problem.

Thnaks

Eddie

Hi really sorry telephone no is 0800 0156 609;)
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    woodymeg wrote: »
    Hi really sorry telephone no is 0800 0156 609;)

Just wondered if you have had any joy with them, got my money back yesterday on 4 loans and it only took afew weeks.;)
  • woodymeg wrote: »
    Just wondered if you have had any joy with them, got my money back yesterday on 4 loans and it only took afew weeks.;)

They're still playing hard to get (you know, cheques requested but take 4 days, then again a few days later etc etc :rolleyes:) but I'm closing in on them and it looks like it should be a positive outcome and ready for Christmas. Will let you know the result when it comes.

Eddie
  • seaeaacr
    seaeaacr Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi Woodymeg

Thnaks

I have a Worthing address for Citifinancial Europe,
  • seaeaacr
    seaeaacr Posts: 6 Forumite
    CitiFinancial Europe, PO Box 4904, Worthing,BN99 3AS
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi there, this thread has not been added to for over 4 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure