PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Get it all out

How do you get the last little bit of ketchup or salad dressing from the bottle or jar? Or the last bit of makeup/toothpaste out of the tube?

here are some of my ways
anymore anyone?

After lotion/shampoo bottles etc seem empty and I've stood them upside down, there's always some left. I've found that removing the caps and warming the bottles in a microwave for a few seconds makes the contents flow easier again.

I add a little vinegar added to salad dressing bottles, which loosens most of the rest of the rest of the dressing.

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    toothpaste tubes: i cut the bottom off bu the seam, and stick my brush in.
    foundation, i warm in warm water for few seconds, same with mascara.
    jam, warm in the oven for few mins, (i usually do this as its cooling after cooking)
    washing up liquid. when nearly empty add couple teaspoons water, shake, and leave overnight to settle. then when cant squeeze out any more, put bottle in sink, you'll get another wash, and usually one from the lid too, as it gets a bit gunked up on the inside. works with hand washes too.

shampoo, soak in warm water before last couple of uses.

breadcrumbs in the bottom of bread wrapper.bag, i tip into a bag in the freezer, they soon mount up.

tinned rice pud/custard, add a bit of milk, swish around, gets last bits off side.

soups add bit of warm water, swish around, gets it off the sides, same with beans, spagetti etc.

can't think of anymore for now.

Combo Breaker First Post
    if you can't get a bottle of ketchup, or salad cream started, poke s straw up it, the air goes to the top, and the stuff will flow out. works every time.
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    cor...dead impressed!
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When nail varnish goes all gunky & sticky, put in a couple of drops of nail varnish remover (only a couple - add more if you need to) to loosen it off. If you keep nail varnish in the fridge, it won't go all thick & yucky, it should stay nice & runny.

I always cut tubes of moisturiser/handcream etc in half to get the last bit out. You usually find there is enough for more than one use too. Cover with clingfilm to stop it drying out
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    No bottle is left un-upended, no tube unslashed and no tin unswilled. You get loads out of 'empty' bottles :D
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    also, slighlty off topic, i hit my veg peeler with hammer to make it flatter so i don't waste as much veggies when peeling, i.e. carrots, potatoes etc.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    also, slighlty off topic, i hit my veg peeler with hammer to make it flatter so i don't waste as much veggies when peeling, i.e. carrots, potatoes etc.

LMAO...... he he ;D

i use a razor..... ha ha, much thinner slices
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • franky
    franky Posts: 641 Forumite

LMAO...... he he   ;D

i use a razor..... ha ha, much thinner slices

hope it's a new one :-X
    Combo Breaker First Post
    bleach can be rinsed with drop of water to get last out, and always lean it on one side if its got a bent neck to make sure none is stuck.
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    PMSL  :D :D :D160. Your scrimping knows no bounds. You could use the peelings as earings ala SMASH.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure