08442 050505 charging too much!!!

2»

Comments

• rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Sorry. I just looked at the Virgin site, and p22 is what I need. Thank you once again. I'm really impressed how you know where to go to find all these sites. Bless you.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    rosie383 wrote: »
    Just another wee point.........how do I find a number which I can use from my Virgin phone, that will cost exactly what they say?
    When I have gone on to the website for 08442050505, they state that call charges from Virgin are 0.5p/min.
    Who can I trust?

Virgin have been increasing the prices to some numbers, Virgin have admitted they are using the phone service to subsidise other parts of the business and see it as a cash cow.

There are no controls on other providers other than BT for what they charge for such numbers, hence when you see adverts on TV or in magazines etc, it tells you the cost of calling from a BT line and that other networks are likely to be dearer.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Thanks. I've had a look at that and it says p22, if I've seen that right. Not pg22.
    Mind you, the writing is tiny and I've neither the knowledge or the time to magnify it!

No on page 15 of 16 your find its clearly PG22 if you enlarge it.
  • rosie383
    Thank you billsavings.
    Has anyone got an idea of what number I CAN use with a Virgin phone at a cheap rate for national calls?
    I am scared to use any of the ones on the UK callchecker, as I won't know the charge until I get the bill in a month!
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Thank you billsavings.
    Has anyone got an idea of what number I CAN use with a Virgin phone at a cheap rate for national calls?
    I am scared to use any of the ones on the UK callchecker, as I won't know the charge until I get the bill in a month!

Open an account with 18185 and use their 0808 Freephone Access Number from VM. See : http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php

Uk calls will cost 4p connection and 1p a minute.(All payable to 18185). VM dont charge for 0808 freephone call.

Might be better for your Intl Calls as well.

You can check the call costs online as you go along.;)
  • rosie383
    Thanks billsavings.
    We did have an account with 1899 for months, then a direct debit wasn't taken properly and I can't get it sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport