3 mobile users scam

2»

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Allan87 wrote: »
    I just had this text, normally its MobileSolutionsOnline (now taken over by dialamobile) that send me them.

Mobile Solutions (or MOBS for short) went bust a few months ago leaving many people with full bills to pay to 3. There was a story about them in yesterdays Money Mail. (second story down):-

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/columnists/article.html?in_article_id=423511&in_page_id=19&in_author_id=5
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    There's really only one company to use for cash back schemes and thats Carphone Warehouse as we've used them for the last 3 years and never had a problem.:)
  • Yes, I got the call, went for it and received my phone, which does not work. After hours I have established that Vanilla Mobile processed the order and Express Mobiles deals with the actual phone contract. I am waiting for a returns number, but as the lady at Express Mobiles said - she cant do anything until their Warehouse supplies the returns number and she does not know when that is going to happen! In the meantime Orange has sent me their first bill for £40, even though I only got the phone 2 days ago!

You've all got me really worried now that I am going to be stuck with a £40 a month contract and no recourse to get the money back !!!

This is the first time I have ever even had a conversation with a cold caller as I usually do not even enter into conversation with them. Well, I have probably learnt my lesson !
  • Pippa, check your contract, you should have a cooling off period. It might be 7, 10 or 14 days - they're the most common. You should be able to cancel your contract if you hurry.

Otherwise, there's something called "distance selling regulations", you should be protected but you need to follow the advice to the letter and be quick about doing so because time is of the essence in these situations:

Full regs:
    http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm

These might help:
    http://www.islington.gov.uk/Community/ConsumerAdviceAndProtection/TradingStandardsYourRights/1087.asp
    http://www.hants.gov.uk/regulatory/tradingstandards/distance.html

It's always best to go direct, https://www.three.co.uk have got some fab deals at the moment :)
  • I got the SPAM message yesterday, then a follow up call today from Express Mobiles.

Just said no thank you.
  • Just read whole thread - and all sounds very familiar.

Did speak to em yesterday and again rude refused to answer Qs and referred me via email which they dont reply to.

Seems they answer various phone numbers with a number of names:

Express Mobiles
    Telco
    Mobile Essentials - the phone replacement co ie insurance co - though I dont believe its legally registered with the FSA as an insurer.

Now for the twist - Express Mobiles have taken money from my credit card without authority for reasons unknown - Barclaycard ar investigating.

I did give them my credit card details at the outset to pay for next day delivery - but the latest transaction is months later. They refuse to tell me what the transaction was for.

In January Barclaycard phoned me to tell me my card was being used fraudulently on loads of Vodafone top-ups. Coincdience or what?

Can anyone else report simlar problems.

Keep up the FIGHT!!!
  • I took out one of these fantastic deals with free calls free texts free phone all you have to do is sign up to orange dolphin £40 per month for 18 months and claim your money back every three months sounds easy! except nothing in life is free! first third month sent copies of bills to wrong email address-my fault so was unable to recieve my money 2nd third month still waiting for cheque keep being fobbed off with things like finacial difficulties.I'm now due my third cheque but have decided to cancel my direct debit and am now awaiting orange to ring me. How do I stand on somthing like this Is there any clever person out there who can advise?
  • Hi just found out that expressphones is a subsiduary company to carphone warehouse the number for carphone warehouse is 087014211727 I have got onto their web site and emailed them my predicament and am waiting to hear from them will keep you posted.
  • BigDavy
    BigDavy Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    have just wasted whole a.m. again - Called CPW - all busy - called Telco spoke to Kate who said nothing to do with them it is Telco Ltd I need. Called Telco on 98700 200200 and asked for "Sally" - "Nicky" answered phone but then Sally was in meeting - when asked what it was about I said chequeback then Nicky said my contract was with Express not Telco - suddenly she was no longer the same Nicky - there is another one at Express - Sally suddenly was only emplyed by Express and Kate works in accounts and just took call by chance! kate had previously told me that Telco had nothing to do with Express and their no. was placed on here by mistake and they only contacted Sally by e-mail. Refused to give address except that it was Southampton and said we had to contact Express by e-mail. Strangely when I first spoke to Nicky I said "nicky Shakespeare" and she didnt dispute that but then she said there was another Nicky Shakespeare at Express and refused to give her own surname and refused Man. Directors name or com. number. Strange that if they have nothing to do with each other they knew my contract was with Express when I gave my name and she checked her computer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure