Delivery rights: Debenhams

articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, this discussion thread's part of the Delivery Rights guide, specifically for if you've complained to Debenhams about delivery problems using the techniques in the guide.

Please tell us how you got on - we want to know if you were awarded any compensation from Debenhams, and if so, how much? Just let us know the amount and reason below; to add more general feedback on the guide, pop over to the main Delivery Rights discussion thread.

Thanks
for your help,

MSE Rose

Comments

• DJ_SA
    DJ_SA Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2011 at 3:36PM
    It took Debenhams two weeks to despatch my order and unfortunately because it was delivered to work, I couldn't refuse delivery so I had to call their customer service and being put on hold for 30 minutes before someone picks up. Finally I received the package and there's a 10% off code DB2U valid both in store and online before X'mas Eve.
  • Well I've been waiting in for 3 days for a dispatched delivery from debenhams and although I was in for 2 days all day and the wife was in for the 3rd the delivery company claims to have made 3 seperate delivery attempts and are now going to return the item to Debs and I have to wait 14days for a refund. Took 34mins to get thru to CS only to be told "there must be a store near by why cannt you collect the item". Amazing service, 3 wasted days, they still have my money and if I still want item I need to travel 120miles and pay again for item. Worse still I cannt find an Email address to complain too at Debs.
    Rant over.
  • if you want the email of debenhams try using the contact us button, if they have hidden it, try going to the homepage, right click,view source, ctrl + f - search "@"

If its not on the homepage repeat the process on the contact page, if no luck google "@debenhams" with the quotes
  • I have been trying to return a coffee table to debenhams for the last 3 months.

After numerous failed pick ups and numerous phone calls they managed to pick it up and now their only offering £50 compensation.

I am wondering if returns are also covered by the same contractual deliver consumer rights.
  • Debenhams have no process to replace a wrong item that they delivered.
    Refused to replace unless I reordered and paid for the shoes for a second time. After many emails including to ceo, they stuck to their guns. I was then advised that the shoes were sold out, so I had no choice other than to make them collect the wrong shoes and wait for a credit.
    Bad form if there is no process to rectify their own fault.
    Should add that their reason declared was that it was a franchise product, this was of no interest to me and that excuse really upset me.
    This needs to be part of their supply agreement with their franchisees, not something that cannot be sorted out by themselves.
    :grouphug: Threewheeler
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport