The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Barclaycard login broken?

I have been trying to access my Barclaycard online account but all I get is a blank page with the huge letters:

Request failed
We are unable to handle your request

Click here if you wish to reload the site.

Obviously 'clicking here' as they suggest doesn't reload the site at all :rolleyes:

Tried several times since 9 this morning but no joy. Is it just me or is the site badly broken today :confused:

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Same here.

I don't have a Barclaycard, but I wouldn't be able to log in if I did.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • dougs
    dougs Posts: 617 Forumite
    just called them to find out what's up and it seems they are aware and have a major website error - 'the team' are working on it but it could take the rest of the day to sort out.

(which translated means they've got to find the solitary IT guy who's out for the day on his bike and can't be contacted until he's finished his picnic and trundled wearily home :rotfl: )

So don't bother trying to access your barclaycard account today then :rolleyes:
  • Is anybody else having this problem again ?? I've been trying to log in since yesterday and it won't get beyond the 1st page.
  • bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You are not alone. I too have had this problem since yesterday Thur 25th.

I changed internet providers yesterday and thought it was down to the change, but when I asked a relative to try, he found he could log into barclaycard's website using his ID but mine refused to work, displaying the error message after typing in the ID number only:

Your log in request could not be processed.

Please check your details and try again.

The login screen where you are prompted to enter your ID can also sometimes take a long time to appear too which is not normal.

I phoned up Barclaycard this morning. After almost 10 minutes on the phone, the overseas call centre operative finally told me to try again in an hour. Suffice to say, it did not work at all when I tried to log in a few minutes ago.

Last night, I did manage to log in once via the 'Forgotten ID' procedure, but I've not been able to get back in since using the same procedure.

I'll try again in next few days. There clearly is a problem and I'm not going to waste any more money telephoning them.

bill
  • avinabacca
    avinabacca Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Logged in this morning - but painfully slow! Took me around ten minutes to get the information I wanted, normally just a couple of minutes at most.....
    Oh come on, don't be silly.

It's the internet
    - it's not real!

• bill888, thanks for the tip about the 'forgotten your ID number' route.....tried this and it worked. Complete pain if this is the only way to get access to my account. They need to sort out their technical problems or at the very least admit (on the login page) that they are having some problems.

Had to chuckle at the the "Your online service is New & Improved!" statement on the login page :rolleyes:
  • I've not been able to log in since Wednesday.

I rang up last night and he aske me if I was having trouble, so they know about it.

He said try in 24 hours.

Glad to know I'm not alone but now I don't know what my balance is as September statement will be ready now.
  • Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. Until now I hadn't found any discussion on this subject, but this morning this thread pops up in a search, making me feel a bit less concerned. The nice Indian chap I spoke to the other day wasn't, frankly, much help. Neither was the lack of any kind of info on the Barclaycard site... which, frankly, was unforgivable. It's not as if this merger with Egg/Morgan Stanley cardholders was unplanned.

At least now there's an announcment of some kind, though it certainly doesn't apply to some of our circumstances. I tried at 2:30am yesterday, and the site was very quick indeed... to reject my ID. :-)

Anyway, nice to know I'm not alone. I'm off to try the recover trick. I'd avoided it so far because I definitely know I'm using the right ID!

Andrew McP

PS Ah, that worked like a charm. The site's very responsive, so it;s definitely not a loading issue. Just a 'we furked up' issue.
  • The Barclaycard login farce continues.........I don't think their explanation of "high demand" is the sole cause of the problem, they obviously have technical issues. It has been going on since last weekend.

Somebody claiming to be from Barclaycard posted in this thread (see post #54) attempting to mollify disgruntled customers but this situation is starting to get beyond the joke.

If they put as much effort into sorting out their technical problems as they seem to put into making silent phone calls I'm sure this matter would've been resolved earlier (or maybe the £50,000 fine came out of the IT budget and they are now short staffed) ;)
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Academic wrote: »
    The Barclaycard login farce continues.........I don't think their explanation of "high demand" is the sole cause of the problem, they obviously have technical issues. It has been going on since last weekend.

Somebody claiming to be from Barclaycard posted in this thread (see post #54) attempting to mollify disgruntled customers but this situation is starting to get beyond the joke.

If they put as much effort into sorting out their technical problems as they seem to put into making silent phone calls I'm sure this matter would've been resolved earlier (or maybe the £50,000 fine came out of the IT budget and they are now short staffed) ;)

well said.

it's never seemed the most robust when I've used it....the way it judders along is alarming!
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure