Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903 Forumite
First Post
edited 20 March 2012 at 12:23PM in Site feedback

This thread is specifically so you can
Ask questions/discuss technical issues about the Budget Planner spreadsheet
that's in
The Budget Planner: Free budgeting tool and special piggybanking system

IMPORTANT. This is only for technical questions.

Alternative discussions

Discuss the Online version
Discuss the Spreadsheet version
Read the article first. If you still have any problems, then click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• DenBo_4
    DenBo_4 Posts: 536 Forumite
    I understand about the Piggybanking technique but what if you can't open six accounts in a bank/banks? I can't as my credit rating is too bad, I have one bank account but can't open any more, no one will have me!
  • Hello

Im trying to add more rows to the "Enter Other Income Source" part of the spreadsheet, but its not allowing me to do so...saying that the page is "protected". When I try to "Unprotect" it prompts me for a password. Which i obviously dont have.

Im using the spreasdsheet in Office 2007...could this be the problem?
  • :confused:
    Same problem as Eggfoot. Been trying every whichway to add rows, so would also appreciate some help.
  • laganuk
    laganuk Posts: 41 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I believe you all know what issues i am going to raise here:
    On the What Do You Earn pane there are no I, J and K columns thus the formula that includes to I108:K108 for example appears to be wrong.
    When i use it it gives me #REF! error.
    Phil:beer::j
    Speak when you are angry; and make the best speech you'll ever regret: Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor: Labels are for jars, not people (but it's hard sometimes;))
  • laganuk wrote: »
    I believe you all know what issues i am going to raise here:
    On the What Do You Earn pane there are no I, J and K columns thus the formula that includes to I108:K108 for example appears to be wrong.
    When i use it it gives me #REF! error.

This is an interesting one... What version of Excel/Open Office are you using? Would it be possible to post a screenshot of this, obviously removing any personal data before hand..
  • laganuk
    laganuk Posts: 41 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MS Excel Office 2003.
    Screen capture doesn't seem to work but it was a good idea!! I even tried to put it on Google Docs ... lol

The top runs from ... E F L M N ....
    Im in Part B and the formula starts with =(SUM(I108:K108)>1, "ERROR" ....
    Needless to say repayments total is #REF! too
    Phil:beer::j
    Speak when you are angry; and make the best speech you'll ever regret: Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor: Labels are for jars, not people (but it's hard sometimes;))
  • The budget planner is a great tool. :rotfl:
    I was thinking of modifying it to enter dates for income and bank-automated expenditure so I can visualise my net worth weekly and restirct other spending.
    Is there any chance you can provide the password to unprotect the workbook?:rolleyes:
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi All

Ive downloaded the budget planner spreadsheet, but I get a notification that it is read only. When I try to unprotect it using the review tab, Im asked for a password. Have I done something wrong when I downloaded?
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    polkadot wrote: »
    Hi All

Ive downloaded the budget planner spreadsheet, but I get a notification that it is read only. When I try to unprotect it using the review tab, Im asked for a password. Have I done something wrong when I downloaded?

My guess is you've just clicked it; rather than right click and saved it?

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    Hi Martin

Tried again, right clicked and saved as but it's still password protected:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income