Problem with 'Great British Discounts'

Hi all, not sure if I've put this in the right place....

I signed up to the 'Great British Discounts' offer via Raileasy - free £20 prepaid Mastercard for signing up to Great British Discounts ('No obligation, keep the card even if you cancel')

I booked train tickets to visit friends at the beginning of August and sent off for the card. I received the card yesterday, registered it, but there is no credit on the card!! I have tried calling Great British Discounts customer service department but the two phone numbers I have for them didn't work. One phone number (which came on a letter with the card) was too short to be a recognised phone number, and the freephone number on their website just 'flatlines'...

Is the company in trouble??

Has anyone else had any problems (or success) with getting a £20 card from them? :(

Many thanks,
Sarah
DFW Official Nerd Club #1070
Proud to be dealing with my debts!

Comments

• Hi Sarah,

I did the same deal via Littlewooods.

Literally just received and registered my Mastercard - no credit!

I've no idea what's going on and there's just something not quite right about the whole thing.

I did manage to contact them by phone within about a week of signing up (joined 24.08.12) to cancel my membership but never received the confirmation email for the cancellation as I was promised.

I emailed them a week or so later and did have an email reply confirming my cancellation but now none of my emails will go through which were enquiring about the Mastercard - they just keep bouncing back.

I've Googled the company to find out if it is a scam but this is the only post I've found anywhere abour the whole thing.

Have you had any more luck?
  • Aimee72
    Aimee72 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi sarah,

I had a similar problem with the same prepaid card, but I'm happy to say i was able to get in touch with company and they were able to sort it out for me :j. I got hold of there customer service dept at 08000 394053 and explained the problem with receiving my card with no credit, they explained that they had experienced a issue with some of the cards and were working on it. they also provided me with an email address which i will pass on to you.
    You should contact customerservice@greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk

Hope this of help to you

regards
    Aimee
  • Aimee72 wrote: »
    Hi sarah,

I had a similar problem with the same prepaid card, but I'm happy to say i was able to get in touch with company and they were able to sort it out for me :j. I got hold of there customer service dept at 08000 394053 and explained the problem with receiving my card with no credit, they explained that they had experienced a issue with some of the cards and were working on it. they also provided me with an email address which i will pass on to you.
    You should contact [EMAIL="customerservice@greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk"]customerservice@greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Hope this of help to you

regards
    Aimee

Thanks Aimee but this is the email address I've been using all along. The email gets 'delayed' for a few days adn then gets returned to me as undeliverable.

Thank you though
  • Just thought I'd update......rang GBD today and was told the money takes 24 hours to credit (why they don't tell you that on the letter I don't know!) and I've checked the account today and the £20 was showing. I've successfully used the card to pay for petrol...so all is absolutely fine :)
  • KGB73
    KGB73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have to say, I am now more than a little nervous as to IF I will receive a card with credit on and IF the Company keeps taking furture payments of £14.99 on the fact that like some, i won't be able to cancel the account!
    Please, if there is someone out there who has just recently signed, feed back would be great!
    Many thanks:(
  • I've just had the ad flash up on my PC after placing an order with VERY. They are offering £50 surely a scam?
  • KGB73
    KGB73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have managed to receive a reply from great British Discounts using the address above (I was just trying it out). However, i still haven't got a membership form which I believe you then have to post to them! What a farse..I'll keep posting as the mystery unravels!
  • MrsSweet wrote: »
    Thanks Aimee but this is the email address I've been using all along. The email gets 'delayed' for a few days adn then gets returned to me as undeliverable.

Thank you though

I am having the same problem - I am really worried (& feel quite daft that I subscribed in the first place, but I use the Very site quite a lot & trusted the site!). Am I:embarasse right to be concerned that I have inputted my debit card details to this company & is it a Scam? I have never felt so stupid & am now panicking that my bank account will be depleted by this company!!:(:(:(
  • i signed up for this but then turns out i need to send them a print out of my bill (Very btw) and a form in the post.
    slight issue i dont have a printer and no i dont know how to cancel this anyone please help
  • Hi there
    I signed up for this card through ISME filled in all the info and then recieved and email to follow a link to register my email but it doesnt allow me to go to the link also how can you send a receipt of the items purchased if its through a catalogue and how do you cancel if you cant go to their email adress or numbers ?? help !!!! is it a scam they have all my card details
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure