How do I cancel "checkmyfile" monthly subscription

2»

Comments

• smsfrancis wrote: »
    For those shy about calling, I have just experienced the following:

I followed the steps above about going to Secure Messaging and then selecting the subject about cancelling. I then saw the same screen about suspending for 6 months or 'no thanks'.

I clicked 'no thanks' and it asked for some optional feedback and then 'request cancellation code', which I clicked.

I got the message at the top "Your subscription service has been cancelled. We're sorry to see you leave." and a secure message to confirm this.

All done and cancelled without waiting for office hours or being asked why I'm going! :) :T

Many thanks! It was painless - I wish other organisations would make it this easy to cancel/amend. Hello Virgin?! One caveat though - its not all 100% praise! The "no thanks" button is greyed out, and of course you have to ignore your instinct that tells you cannot click it! It needs a couple of clicks and a pause before the cancellation code comes up. But well worth it.
  • spartan117 wrote: »
    I just tried it online, they have a an email option to cancel, but when I hit submit, it gave me the following message.

If you wish to cancel, please call us on 01872 308637 anytime from Monday to Friday, 9 till 5.

I just did this then, it took all of 30 seconds after giving him my postcode and DOB. I think it's pretty bad there's no option to cancel at times other than 5 to 9 as some people do not have that option.
  • fulous
    fulous Posts: 11 Forumite
    cancelled online via the secure messaging, is an instant thing, takes less that 30 seconds. The 6 months suspend button is green and the cancel button is now orange. everything is super with this service:T:T:T
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    One piece of advice guys....

Keep a note of the date you cancel. Just in case they decide to debit you again the in future. Claiming you hit the suspend button.
    That way. All you need to do is contact your card provider give them the date of cancelation and you will get your money back. :)
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family