Forever Living

Hi does anyone have experience of forever living products. What is the advantage / disadvantage of this type of scheme over the standard party plan? thanks

Comments

• chrisaj
    chrisaj Posts: 285 Forumite
    I did this a while back. It's ok if you can do 4 case credits a month, I think it equates to £300/400 per month. Stuff like the aloe vera is much cheaper in holland and barret, plus other stuff as well. It wasnt a business I felt comfortable with, but other people love it. There's no reason why you can't party plan it, otherwise if you've got friends and family willing to buy the stuff then thats fine. Good luck in what you decide :)
    I get paid to smell great :j
  • The network marketing business model can be good - but you do need to get in early I think.

I have just found a new to the UK scheme and am making money already - because I've got in at the start.

Good luck!
  • grapefruit
    grapefruit Posts: 51 Forumite
    Yes you can do party plan with Forever but that is a choice. You do have more flexibility with Forever, it is totally up to you what you do. A popular way of showing people the products is to take a box of products to someones house and let them try them for a few days. There are many different ways to show people the products and the business. The person who introduces you into the business would work with you to find out what would be the best way for you to work the business.

The company has been around for 32 years and most people have never heard of Forever so you do not need to be in at the start. What's more important is that it is a company that is here to stay.

The 4 case credits is the minimum sales you need to do to receive a team leading bonus from the company but you always get your sales commission directly in your hand whether or not you do the 4cc.

The training and support provided by the company is second to none. I'm lucky in that I live close to one of the area centres in Wakefield where I can buy my products, use the facilities as an office when required and attend the many trainings that are provided. There are a few centres round the country that provide the same facilities. For those who don't live near one there is an excellent website that provides all the training and information you require online.

The company is always developing new ways to help its distributors. In the last week we've had improvements to the website and the opportunity to offer customers a discount card that can be used in a large number of retail outlets both nationally and locally.

What are the cons. Its not easy which is why you need a lot of support and help from your sponsor. It does take time to build your business. Give it at least a year of consistent, hard work.

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck if you decide to join. :)
  • u751904
    u751904 Posts: 361
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    grapefruit - thanks for your post I do get the feeling that it is a very well organised outfit with lots of training etc. after all they've been at it a long time. What I have noticed is that their product list is relatively small which has its pluses and minuses I guess. That the products themselves aren't the 'cheapest' I am sure they are good quality. So my point is that I was concerned with the prospect of retailing these items. There seems to be more emphasis on income through recruitment. I do a party plan scheme at the moment and I will admitt that the comission with FLP and the bonuses is more attractive than what I have at the moment. I would have made significantly more if I could have sold the amount I have previoisly sold with FLP and their commission structure. So honestly is main stay of income that distributors earn from their direct personal sales or over rides. I don't have a problem with it being from over rides thats the easy money once you have recruited enough folk of course. My other concern is that this is an american company and I do get put off by all that rah rah rah - is there much of that and will I get pressured at meetings.
  • hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2010 at 9:15AM
    I had a good look at FL but plumped for Wikaniko in in the end. The 12 ways to market,the wider range of products and the report at Business Opportunity watch swung me.

Having said that they do seem a very well run outfit.
  • grapefruit
    I must admit I thought the product range was quite extensive but I don't know what you are comparing it to. As far as selling the products its a difficult one to answer as far as who will buy and who won't. Yes some people will say the products are too expensive but there are alot of people out there who will buy the products because they love the quality and need help with their health.

If you just want to do party plan and retail products that's fine if you are looking for a small income but to earn more than say £250 per month it is better to build a team. It is really about understanding how the business model works. I have met many people who have joined just wanting to retail products but once they understand the power of a lot of people doing a small amount then they start building a team.

Yes it can be a bit rah rah if you go to the big events but you get used to it. :)
    Don't let that put you off. It is actually very inspiring to be around such postive people. I go to a lot of local trainings and its just such a positive experience.

As long as you like the products yourself then that is a great start!
  • grapefruit
    No you won't get pressurised at meetings. There's no point because people would just drop out. Have you been to a business presentation meeting yet? That's the only way to find out.
  • u751904
    u751904 Posts: 361
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thanks for the info grapefruit...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts