Whats happened to Remegel?

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pollymay wrote: »
    I have also tried getting a supply of Remegel from Tesco, Sainsburies, the Co-op etc. I went into my village chemist who kindly rang one of the two main wholesalers for Remegel who said that "there is a problem in manufacture at the moment" so it looks like we'll have to find something else. I agree that Remegel is the only thing that works for me too

Have you tried Gavescon? I know I suggested it before but the main reason was because it is often whats prescribed and even when I was in hospital and to cut a long story short, heartburn was a major side effect of most people I was there with, (I'll spare you the gorey details!) Gavescon was the main product favored because it gave better results for people compared with everything else. It was also prescribed by the doctors to whomever was experiencing heart burn.
    It comes in liquid, tablet and even neck-the-powder form. Worth trying if you haven't already anyway.
  • I've eventually got through to the manufacturer. The good news is that Reckitts are having to re licence Remegel. The bad news is that this will take several weeks. However, it will eventually be back on the market.:T

The telephone # is 0800 074 2040.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554
    Photogenic
    Forumite
    OP have you been tested for Helicobacter Pylori? If it seems as random as you say maybe speak to your GP again.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I use Remegel tabs too and am running very low. I use it for trapped wind and nothing else works like it. I too have had various investigative procedures done to get to the root of the problem but still nothing conclusive other than to be told the old chestnut of irritable bowel. Mine comes and goes, along with indigestion, and seems to have nothing to do with what I eat, or when. I have registered with one website that will e mail me when Remegel is back on the market. When this happens I will post again.
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi There, I also suffer with the same and have tried most things.
    Have you tried Ranitidine? I find them great...you can only take 2 a day,
    for me they are the best. I have tried all of them (except Remegel lol)
    and none of them worked. so do give Ranitidine a go.
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Here's a detailed explanation for the absence of Remegel (and other products from the same manufacturer):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9131315/Shortage-of-household-medicines-due-to-licensing-issue.html
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the advice about Ranitidine but it doesn't work for me. Windeeze does, but it doesn't work as fast as Remegel and I find I have to take it "just in case" whereas Remegel can be taken as and when. I suppose I'll just have to be patient a while longer and eke out my meagre supply!
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • What I find ridiculous is that there is no viable alternative from any other manufactuer, ie no other soft, chewy indigestion tablets like Remegel.
  • i thought remegel was a deep heat pain rub thing..?

tried Gaviscon, or the old style milk of magnesia?
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • i thought remegel was a deep heat pain rub thing..?

Nope, this is Remegel:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&q=remegel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5642128237301760938&sa=X&ei=M2FkT86EOeeQ0AWP88iaCA&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAA

I emailed the company and received the following reply:

"Unfortunately, we cannot confirm an exact date when Remegel will be available in the UK again.

We apologise for this inconvenience."

If anyone wishes to nag them a bit, their email address is:

[email protected]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills