apple i pad mini bad apple information

I am STEAMING!...just phoned the apple store to order an apple i pad mini..have waited until now cos of money and also was worried that if daughter got it for xmas, and wasn't usinguntil xmas, wasn;t sure of rights if it didn't work properly. Wasn't concerned as web site shows IN STOCK. Well, yes, they are in stock...in AMERICA..and have to be shipped over so don't get here if you order today until beginning of january 2013. am devastated as it's ALL daughter wants for xmas and she has saved and saved money to put towards as we can't afford to buy it outright for her for xmas.

Comments

• Lifeforms
    Lifeforms Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    The UK apple store website clearly shows 2 weeks dispatch. It has pretty much since the week before it came out.

It's a new product, out only a couple of months. Since the year dot with apple products there is never enough available for the Xmas market demand. You should've ordered it earlier, or start to trawl around the local apple shops and see if they're in store. Try places like tescos, or pc world (pc world can't online delivery, but may click and collect in stores)
    You might even get lucky, it says dispatched in two weeks, depending if that 2 week dispatch is from there to over here to be sent on to you, then that gives 4 days before xmas to get it.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 450
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    It's not a nice situation for you and for that you have my sympathies.

But, it's not really Apple's fault you waited until now to buy it, I saw a message on their website a couple of weeks ago which said if you want an iPad Mini by christmas you needed to order it by 28 November.

The iPad Mini has been flying off the shelves and are very hard to get hold of. Your best bet would have been ordering direct from Apple as they only take payment when it's dispatched.

My advice would be to keep an eye on John Lewis' website as they have intermittent stock but I imagine there are lots of people doing the same :(
    :)
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Ebay with their inflated prices probably your best hope.
  • What about John Lewis?
    :rotfl: l love this site!! :rotfl:
  • iSaving
    iSaving Posts: 117
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Again I reiterate the sympathies of others here, however it is sold out pretty much everywhere, and unless you're prepared to pick it up off Amazon Marketplace for about £50 more, you'll be very hard pressed to get one. John Lewis, Argos etc are all sold out.

All that being said, you cannot possibly blame Apple. It appears you have visited the Apple.com US store (Dollars should have been a give away) as the UK store has been listing at "Dispatched in 2 weeks" almost since release.

If you do bite the bullet and order from Apple now, there's an outside chance you'll get it in time for Christmas. Dispatch should happen by 20th (Thursday), it will then be dispatched from a more local logistics depot (usually in Ireland) and you could well have it on Christmas Eve - bit of a long shot though.
  • phebe3 you can go on and reserve one to be sent to your nearest Apple store. There is no guarantee however that you would even get one. But you reserve it and if they email you before 9pm that night it will be at that Apple store to be collected the next day. You don't pay anything upfront so you have nothing to lose. You will only hear from them if it is available for collection.
    Good luck
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 450
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    shazza39 wrote: »
    phebe3 you can go on and reserve one to be sent to your nearest Apple store. There is no guarantee however that you would even get one. But you reserve it and if they email you before 9pm that night it will be at that Apple store to be collected the next day. You don't pay anything upfront so you have nothing to lose. You will only hear from them if it is available for collection.
    Good luck

I think this only applies to the iPhone 5, not iPad.
    :)
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    I think this only applies to the iPhone 5, not iPad.

Oh does it? I was told this when I ordered the iPhone 5, I just assumed it was every product.
    Well good luck then trying to find one!
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    phebe3 wrote: »
    I am STEAMING!...just phoned the apple store to order an apple i pad mini..have waited until now cos of money and also was worried that if daughter got it for xmas, and wasn't usinguntil xmas, wasn;t sure of rights if it didn't work properly. Wasn't concerned as web site shows IN STOCK. Well, yes, they are in stock...in AMERICA..and have to be shipped over so don't get here if you order today until beginning of january 2013. am devastated as it's ALL daughter wants for xmas and she has saved and saved money to put towards as we can't afford to buy it outright for her for xmas.

Whilst i appreciate the financial constraints your under, you cant really blame Apple can you?
  • chunkychocky
    chunkychocky Posts: 1,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Depending upon which one you want PC World have some in stock online for home delivery. If not one of those, then try local shops: Apple store, John Lewis, PC World, Currys, HMV etc. Even if they are out of stock online they may have what you want in a local store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure