Curry sauces that aren't full of onions?

Me & OH often buy curry sauces (Think pataks)
However they are always full of onions and other such lumps which I can't stand! :(
Can anyone suggest any jars that are readily available and aren't full of lumps?
We normally eat Korma, Tikka Masala & Balti.
Many thanks :)

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aren't curry sauces meant to have lumps in? They are just the sauce that coats all the ingredients that are in a curry , lots of meat vegs etc.. if you don't like the lumps I think you'll have to sieve it but I don't see the point of curry without the other ingredients to give it texture and flavour.
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Not jars, but sachets.
    Home Bargains have Indi Grand sauces @ 4 for £1 (120g packs).
    Bought the korma and balti ones and a couple of stir fry sauces and hubby tried the korma one last night and said it was nice.
    May be worth a try at little cost??

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • lmp0507
    lmp0507 Posts: 329 Forumite
    tanith wrote: »
    Aren't curry sauces meant to have lumps in? They are just the sauce that coats all the ingredients that are in a curry , lots of meat vegs etc.. if you don't like the lumps I think you'll have to sieve it but I don't see the point of curry without the other ingredients to give it texture and flavour.

They may do, but I don't like them, I do normally sieve it, but I'm hoping to find a sensible alternative. I find the sauce itself flavoured enough without the extra ingredients.
    And of course it may give it extra texture or flavour, but it's pretty pointless if you don't like the extra textures or flavours like myself? :doh:
  • lmp0507
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Not jars, but sachets.
    Home Bargains have Indi Grand sauces @ 4 for £1 (120g packs).
    Bought the korma and balti ones and a couple of stir fry sauces and hubby tried the korma one last night and said it was nice.
    May be worth a try at little cost??

Lynsey
    I think we've just had a home bargains open in our town centre, I've been meaning to look anyway so I'll have a hunt for these! Many thanks :)
    Any other suggestions? x
  • badmumof1
    badmumof1 Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    We use the packet Colmans chicken curry sauce mix that I mix with milk to give it a creamer taste. No lumps and you can add onions if you wish
    If You See Someone Without A Smile......
    Give Them One Of Yours
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Buy a hand blender
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • lmp0507
    badmumof1 wrote: »
    We use the packet Colmans chicken curry sauce mix that I mix with milk to give it a creamer taste. No lumps and you can add onions if you wish
    Hm, Is it a specific curry or just generic curry? :)
    And I hate onions, Thus starting this thread. :rotfl:
  • Absinthe_2
    Absinthe_2 Posts: 994 Forumite
    I tend to buy Curry pastes rather than sauces. Have a good flavour. My favourite brand is Pataks, hard to beat imo. Perhaps try the paste instead of the sauce? I've never found lumps in mine.
    Oh well...
    Sealed pot challenge no: 1770
  • lmp0507
    vax2002 wrote: »
    Buy a hand blender
    I buy the jars to save time and effort so sitting and blending them seems a little counter productive, :rotfl:
    I do have a handblender so I may well do,
    I have a thing against lumpy food so it would have to blend to a completely smooth consistency, I wonder if I could manage to get it to the right consistency?
  • lmp0507
    Absinthe wrote: »
    I tend to buy Curry pastes rather than sauces. Have a good flavour. My favourite brand is Pataks, hard to beat imo. Perhaps try the paste instead of the sauce? I've never found lumps in mine.
    I always wondered about these, What do you do with these? Add extra ingredients or paste ready to serve? Would definately consider these! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure